Clinic Updates and Closures
COVID-19 Testing Information
UnityPoint Clinic is asking for our community’s help, as we are experiencing extremely high volumes of sick patients and requests for COVID-19 testing. For people who are not sick, and haven’t been exposed to COVID-19, but need to be tested for another reason, please consider other testing options in your community such as local pharmacies and public health departments. As always, if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, we want to see you as soon as possible—particularly if you are high risk or unvaccinated.
See additional testing resources:
In order to bring providers and team members together as efficiently and effectively in the care of patients, UnityPoint Clinic Urgent Care – Merle Hay will be closed Saturday, Sept. 18 through Sunday, Sept. 19. This will enable UnityPoint Clinic to best serve our patients and the community. Regular hours will resume Monday, Sept. 20.
UnityPoint Clinic Urgent Care – Lakeview is closed.
Click here for other walk-in care locations and wait times information.
Updated September 2, 2021
Reminder, anyone entering the hospital is required to wear a mask, per the universal UnityPoint Health masking policy. Please be kind to our team members if they remind you of our policy. We want to keep everyone safe.
We understand these restrictions may be difficult for you. While we are committed to providing a family-centered care environment, right now restricting visitors is in the best interest of our patients and team members.
Only one support person per day will be allowed between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- Adult patients, including COVID+: One support person is allowed per day. This can be a different person each day.
- Pediatric patients (under age 18), including COVID+: Two caregivers or support people are allowed at a time, per day.
- Maternity Services, including COVID+: One support person and one designated birthing coach/doula are allowed during the birthing process.
- Outpatient Services, including ER patients: One support person is allowed per day. For pre-procedure patients, the support person can arrive with the patient at their arrival time when it's earlier than 7 a.m.
Exceptions will be made if the patient is imminently dying or other extenuating circumstances.
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Must check in at the hospital entrance and receive a "visitor" sticker or wrist band that must be worn while in the hospital. Check out when they leave.
- Must wear a mask the entire time they are in the hospital, including in the patient room. Practice hand hygiene and social distancing, and stay home if they do not feel well.
- A support person is different than a caregiver, who can be with the patient 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and is necessary to the patient's care. Examples of this would be parents/guardians of a minor or someone that is able to advocate care needs of a dementia patient.
- Support persons and caregivers are allowed to go to the cafeteria unless visiting a patient with suspected or confirmed COVID.
Visitor restrictions are subject to change as necessary
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
Updated April 5, 2021
If you have a UnityPoint Health primary care provider and would like to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, please contact your primary care provider via phone or MyUnityPoint (our online patient portal) to schedule an appointment.
The COVID-19 vaccine is also available at certain pharmacies for eligible patients. Click here for a list of vaccination locations in Polk County.
In the meantime, we encourage everyone, including those who have received the vaccine, to wear a face covering, social distance and wash your hands frequently in order to stop the spread of COVID-19.
** The only entrances open are the Main Entrance (Door 2), Atrium (Door 5) and Powell (Door 6). The Emergency Room entrance is also open for patients needing emergency care and as an after hours entrance.
Virtual Care Options
UnityPoint Health also offers Virtual Care, a convenient option when and where you need it, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. See a doctor anytime, anywhere via secure online video.