From Your Computer, Tablet or Smartphone You Can:
- Get Virtual Care. Receive care from a UnityPoint Health provider from your mobile phone, tablet or computer using virtual urgent care or SmartExam.
- Show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or lab results with credentials displayed directly through MyUnityPoint. Download your results to print, send or save results to your device or mobile app. Downloading results is highly recommended for international travel as MyUnityPoint access may not be available in some countries.
- Communicate with your doctor. Send a non-urgent medical question to your care team through a secure inbox. For most questions, you can expect to hear back in 2-3 business days. Please note: care delivered through MyUnityPoint messaging, where the response requires a provider’s clinical time and medical expertise, may be billed to insurance.
- Pay copays and bills. MyUnityPoint provides easy access to pay copays, estimates or bills with a direct link to our online bill pay vendor.
- Manage appointments. Schedule appointments and view details of your past or upcoming visits.
- Use Fast Pass to be notified via text or email if an earlier appointment becomes available.
- Use PreCheck-in prior to appointments to review and confirm demographics, allergies and current health issues.
- Get preventive health reminders.
- Request prescription refills. Send a refill request for any of your refillable medications.
- Access your health history. Read notes from your provider, review test results, view health history and so much more.
- Link your family's health record. Manage your family's health from one account with proxy access.
Having Trouble Accessing Your Account?
MyUnityPoint has a multi-factor authentication verification process. If you’re having issues logging in with this verification process, please use the appropriate tip sheet.
For questions about MyUnityPoint, please call us at (877) 224-4430. Phone representatives are available from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Choose this visit type if you have multiple or more complex health concerns to talk to your providers about, such as abdominal pain, multiple medication management and/or depression/anxiety.
This visit type is only available for existing patients. Selecting this option does not schedule a virtual visit, but sends a request to be seen virtually to your primary care provider. Please note: not all providers offer virtual visits. For same-day virtual care options, select Virtual Urgent Care or E-Visit – SmartExam on the main menu.
Portal Messaging FAQ
Messaging your provider and their care team is a convenient way to receive care and get answers for non-urgent medical needs from your UnityPoint Health care team. The number of messages sent through MyUnityPoint has more than doubled since the start of the pandemic. What may feel like a simple question to a patient could require a provider to change a treatment plan, look at a patient's medical history or do an in-depth review of records to provide the best possible medical advice. This change allows UnityPoint Health to continue to provide high-quality care to patients through the messaging function of MyUnityPoint. This change better supports our providers who are spending significant amounts of time providing care through portal messages while also caring for patients in the office.
The types of messages that may be billed to insurance include:
- Changes to your medications
- New prescriptions
- New symptoms not previously discussed with your provider in the past seven days
- Changes to or check-ups on a long-term condition
- Others that require extensive provider time to review patient’s medical history
Not every message will be billed. Messages about scheduling an appointment, requesting a prescription refill, asking about an issue you saw your provider for within the last seven days, or giving a quick update about your health to your provider are a few examples of messages that we will not bill to insurance.
Coverage for care delivered through the portal varies by insurance policy. If you have a high deductible or no insurance coverage, costs could range from $36 - $70.
- Prior to sending a message in the portal, a pop-up box stating this policy appears and requires a patient’s acknowledgement to proceed.
- All patients who use MyUnityPoint received a notification in the portal announcing this change.
- Information is available on our website.