Get online access to your loved ones’ health information.Through the MyUnityPoint website, registered users can request online access to medical information for their children or someone else in their care who has impaired decision-making abilities. Also, adult patients may grant proxy access to other adults, allowing spouses, adult children and others to have access to an existing adult patient's account.
The type of proxy access is primarily based on the patient's age. The "proxy" is the person granted access to another person's health information.
Need Proxy Access?
To request access to use MyUnityPoint on behalf of someone else:
- Log in to your MyUnityPoint account
- Select Share My Record on the drop-down menu
- Select Friends & Family Access to enter appropriate proxy request.
Don't have a MyUnityPoint account? You'll need to create an account at chart.myunitypoint.org to request access. You don't have to be a UnityPoint Health patient to create an account.
Proxy Access Document Requirements
If you’re the healthcare power of attorney or legal guardian for any patient you're requesting proxy access to, we must have legal documents on file. You can submit legal documents by:
- Fax: 866-846-7864
- Mail: MyUnityPoint Registration 3851 River Ridge Dr. NE Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
- Drop off at the patient's clinic.
Information Available through Proxy Access
|Children 0-11 years old||Teens 12-17 years old|
|Immunizations||✓ yes||✓ yes|
|Allergies||✓ yes||✓ yes|
|History/Problem List||✓ yes||no|
|Scheduling||✓ yes||✓ yes|
|Messaging||✓ yes||✓ yes|
|Bill Pay||✓ yes||✓ yes|
- Ages 0 – 11 years old.
- Full access to approved parent/legal guardian(s).
- Appropriate legal documents required for legal guardians.
- Ages 12-17 years old.
- Parent or guardian(s) only have the ability to view allergies and immunizations, schedule appointments and send messages on behalf of the patient. A parent or guardian may call the provider's office to obtain information not listed in MyUnityPoint.
- Appropriate legal documents required for legal guardians
- Ages 14-17 years old.
- Patient has full access to their own record. *This is not proxy access as the patient is accessing his/her own health information.
- Requires parent/legal guardian approval.
- Incapacitated patient.
- Access for caregivers of patients who are mentally impaired and unable to make their own healthcare decisions.
- If you’re the healthcare Power of Attorney or court appointed legal guardian, we must have those documents on file to grant you online access.
- Give access to another adult to view your health record.
- Access restriction.
- Restrict access to person(s) who shouldn’t have access to a patient record.