We believe each birth is a special event! To help you prepare for childbirth and parenting through the first year, we offer a variety of classes and new parent groups to educate and support all families. Classes currently being offered:
|In-Person Classes & Groups
|Virtual Classes & Groups
|Childbirth & Parenting Series Classes
|Preparing for Childbirth
|Understanding Birth eClass:
Essentials for Birth, Baby & Breastfeeding
*Available in 8 languages
|Mind, Birth & Baby Essentials series
(Serie completa sobre parto, lactancia y parentalidad)
|Basics of Breastfeeding 1
|Basics of Breastfeeding 2
|Meriter Baby Hour - New Parent Group
|Basics of Infant Care
Please click on the class names above to see available dates and register. We suggest you take our classes between weeks 24 and 35 of your pregnancy.
Any time you are around other people, you may be exposed to illness.
- You are comfortable with the risk of being exposed to illness, and
- You are up-to-date with your vaccinations, and
- You do not have an illness that makes it easier for you to get sick (immunocompromised)
- You test positive for COVID within 10 days of class, or
- You have been in close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID or the Flu within 14 days of class, or
- You have cold or flu symptoms like a fever, stuffiness, runny nose, sneezing, coughing, sore throat, headache, nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, body aches or chills.
Please note that masking at the Jeff Levy Education Center optional but strongly encouraged, especially when in crowded spaces where 6’ distancing cannot be maintained.
If you are unable to take our in-person offerings due to any of the conditions listed, we highly recommend you register for our live-virtual classes and groups.
Class dates are added regularly. If you are not finding the class or group you want, please contact us at: MSN_FamilyHealth@unitypoint.org or 608-417-8446.
Accepted forms of payment for classes & events: Visa, MasterCard & Discover.
Tuition assistance and scholarships may be available. Please contact us for more information.
Student observation of our courses requires advanced approval. Please contact the Family Health Education Department.
Find a class that fits your needs by using our search feature, date filters or browsing by category below. You can also sort by date or distance.