Social Media Guidelines
Be Kind, Stay Safe: Interact on our Social Channels Responsibly
We support and encourage the use of social media. These are the terms and conditions guiding the use of our channels.
- The comments posted by others are not the opinions of UnityPoint Health or our team members.
- We reserve the right to edit or delete posts, if deemed necessary or offensive.
- Keep in mind, unless it's a private message, your comments are not private.
- We caution against posting your personal information, such as financial information, insurance numbers or hospital room numbers, that could leave you vulnerable.
- We can't provide patient-specific information due to federal privacy regulations (HIPAA).
- The information posted to our social media sites isn't medical advice. Please contact your healthcare provider if you have medical questions.
When using UnityPoint Health social media sites, you’re held to the standards set by each individual channel. You also agree to not engage in the following actions:
- Defame or personally attack another person.
- Promote organizations or events not related to the content of the site.
- Release private, patient health information.
Team members may view our social media policy on The Hub.*
*The terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.