To limit the number of people in our facilities and reduce community spread of COVID-19, the following visitor restrictions are enforced. Masks are required for everyone older than age two upon entering a UnityPoint Health facility. If you don't have a mask, you may request one upon arrival.
Hospital Visitor Restrictions
- All visitors must be over the age of 12 unless otherwise noted
- Inpatient Units: No limit on number of visitors
- Surgery: Two visitors allowed per patient
- Emergency Department: Two visitors allowed per patient
- Outpatient Services / Clinics: One visitor allowed per patient; children may accompany parents
- Mental Health Unit: Two visitors allowed per patient; visitors must be over the age of 14
- NICU: Four visitors allowed at a time
- Individual departments may have more specific guidelines based on their patient population (e.g., Labor & Delivery)
- No visitors will be allowed for patients in isolation for COVID-19
- If personal protective equipment (PPE) supplies become an issue or overall COVID-19 patient levels change in a manner that is concerning, visits to patients in any type of isolation may be suspended
- Religious visitations by clergy, Eucharistic ministers and other faith-based leaders are allowed; these visitors will be subject to screening for illness upon entry, required to wear a mask and must stay in the patient room at all times during the visit
- Visiting hours: It is recommended that patients be visited between 11 a.m. and 8 p.m. to assure they get needed rest; after 7 p.m., all visitors are asked to use the Emergency Department entrance (Entrance 4)
- All visitors/support people must be in good health and will be screened prior to entrance into the hospital for fever and other symptoms related to COVID-19
- Masks will be required to be worn at all times, in both patient rooms and hallways
- Visitors are reminded to wash and sanitize their hands upon entering and exiting a patient's room
- Visitors are encouraged to stay on the hospital campus but may leave to retrieve personal belongings if necessary
- Allen Hospital team members have the right to request individuals who do not meet restriction criteria to leave the premises
We appreciate your understanding during these uncertain times. Our goal is to protect our patients, staff and the community.
Allen Hospital has closed entrances 1, 3, 5, 6 and 9 to the public.
- Entrance 2 will remain open from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday – Friday
- Emergency Entrance 4 will be open 24/7, as usual
- Entrance 8 will remain open Monday-Friday from 5 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturday from 6 a.m. – 8 p.m., Sunday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Clinic Visitor Restrictions
- One support person allowed per patient, if needed
- Both parents or guardians may be present, no siblings
All visitors or support people must be in good health (no fever, runny nose or cough in the last seven days) and must be 16 years of age or older.