To reduce community spread of COVID-19, we're asking all patients to please call ahead before visiting a clinic. Patients and visitors who are over age 2 and able to tolerate a mask or face covering, should do so if entering a UnityPoint Health facility. If you don't have one, you may request one upon arrival.
UnityPoint Health – Allen Hospital is restricting hospital visitors due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
All routine visiting at the hospitals has been suspended until the transmission of COVID-19 is no longer a threat to our patients, staff and community.
The decision to restrict visitors was difficult and made only after careful consideration. We recognize there are times when having a visitor or family member present is crucial. No visitors will be allowed other than the exceptions listed below. Please review these things to consider before visiting.
- Obstetric patients may have one partner accompany them
- Nursery and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) patients may have one birth parent plus one significant other who must remain in the room for the duration of the visit
- Patients who are at the end-of-life may have two visitors
- Patients with disruptive behavior, where a family member is key to their care, may have one visitor
- Patients who have altered mental status or developmental delays (where caregiver provides safety) may have one visitor
- Minors under the age of 18 may have one visitor, parent or guardian
- Patients undergoing surgery or procedures may have one visitor who may arrive 1 hour prior to the procedure/surgery and must leave the hospital as soon as the procedure/surgery is complete and the patient is either ready for discharge or being moved back to the Inpatient Unit
All visitors must be healthy. For the safety of patients, staff and other visitors, individuals with symptoms such as fever greater than 100 degrees Fahrenheit, cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath, fatigue, chills, vomiting or diarrhea should postpone their visits until further notice.
Exceptions may be made in certain situations and can be discussed with your patient care team.
We appreciate your understanding during these uncertain times. Our goal is to protect our patients, staff and the community.
Allen Hospital has closed entrances 1, 3, 5, 6 and 9 to the public.
- Entrance 2 will remain open from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday – Friday
- Emergency Entrance 4 will be open 24/7, as usual
- Entrance 8 will remain open 5 a.m. – 7 p.m. every day Monday-Friday and 7 a.m. – 3 p.m. Saturday