To reduce community spread of COVID-19, we're asking all patients to please call ahead before visiting a clinic. Patients who are over age 2 and able to tolerate a mask or face covering, should do so if entering a UnityPoint Health facility. If you don't have one, you may request one upon arrival.
As part of our commitment to keep our patients and visitors as safe as possible, Allen Hospital has the following visitor restrictions in place:
- Only 1 visitor/support person per patient
- Visitor must be a significant other or caregiver of the patient and will be the same person for the duration of the patient's hospital stay
- Children under16 years old are not allowed to visit or accompany an adult visitor or patient. Adults who arrive to the hospital with children will be asked to make arrangements for the child to be picked up.
- Pediatric patients may have both parents present
- No visitors are allowed for patients in isolation
- If your loved one is near his/her end-of-life, immediate family members may visit
- Nursing staff will further discuss these exceptions with the family
- Visiting hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. All visitors are asked to leave the hospital at 8 p.m. Exceptions may occur within the OB/NICU and pediatric departments, as well as in end-of-life situations.
- All visitors/support people must be in good health and will be screened prior to entrance into the hospital for fever and other symptoms related to COVID-19.
- Masks will be required to be worn at all times, in both patient rooms and hallways.
- Visitors must stay in the patient room during visit. Staff will direct visitors to nearest public restroom when needed.
- Visitors are reminded to wash and sanitize their hands upon entering and exiting a patient's room.
- Visitors are encouraged to stay on the hospital campus but may leave to retrieve personal belongings if necessary.
- Please note:
- Waiting areas remain closed and no visitors will be allowed to use them at this time.
- The hospital cafeteria remains closed to visitors. Meal trays can be ordered through room service and delivered to the patient room. Costs are $5, $8 and $11.38. Payment can be made via debit or credit card.
- Visitors may use food delivery services. Food must be picked up from the screening entrance as food vendors are not allowed access to the nursing units.
We appreciate your understanding during these uncertain times. Our goal is to protect our patients, staff and the community.
Allen Hospital has closed entrances 1, 3, 5, 6 and 9 to the public.
- Entrance 2 will remain open from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday – Friday
- Emergency Entrance 4 will be open 24/7, as usual
- Entrance 8 will remain open Monday-Friday from 5 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturday from 6 a.m. – 8 p.m., Sunday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.