MyUnityPoint – Your Patient Portal
Take advantage of 24/7 access to healthcare, right at your fingertips. With MyUnityPoint, powered by MyChart, you'll have everything you need to manage your health online.
Notice: some patient portal messages may incur a charge starting February 14, 2023.
Download the MyUnityPoint App
Download the free application from the iPhone App Store or Google Play. After downloading, select MyUnityPoint from the app's list of providers.
From Your Computer, Tablet or Smartphone You Can:
- Get Virtual Urgent Care. See a UnityPoint Health provider online from your mobile phone, tablet or computer using our Virtual Urgent Care service.
- Get an Online Screening. Enter your symptoms into our SmartExam online screening tool, where a doctor will review your information and give you a personal care plan, including diagnosis or medication prescriptions in appropriate health situations.
How to start a SmartExam online screening
- Show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or lab results with credentials displayed directly through MyUnityPoint. Download your results to print, send, or save results to your device or mobile app. Downloading results is highly recommended for international travel as MyUnityPoint access may not be available in some countries.
How to access your COVID-19 vaccination QR code
- Communicate with your doctor. Send a simple medical question to your care team through a secure inbox. For most questions, you will hear back from your care team within 2 business days. Please note, messaging should not be used for urgent matters. Please dial 911 if it is an emergency.
- Pay copays and bills. Pay copays and bills from a previous appointment or prepay copayments and estimated bills in advance of your appointment.
- Manage appointments. Schedule primary care appointments and view details of your past and upcoming appointments.
- Use Fast Pass to be notified via text or emails if an earlier appointment becomes available.
- Use eCheck-in prior to appointments to review and confirm demographics, allergies and current health issues.
- Get preventive health reminders.
- Request prescription refills. Send a refill request for any of your refillable medications.
- Access your health history. Read notes from your provider, review test results, view health history and so much more.
- Link your family's health record. Manage your family's health from one account with proxy access.
Having Trouble Accessing Your Account?
MyUnityPoint has a multi-factor authentication verification process. If you are having issues logging in with this verification process, please use the appropriate tip sheet.
MyUnityPoint Messaging Charges
Starting February 14, 2023, care delivered through MyUnityPoint messaging, where the response requires a provider's clinical time and medical expertise, may be billed to a patient's insurance. Insurance coverage for this type of care varies by insurance company and plans.
When will UnityPoint Health begin charging for messages that require a provider's clinical time and medical expertise?
February 14, 2023.
Why is this happening?
Messaging your provider and their care team is a convenient way to receive care and get answers for non-urgent medical needs from your UnityPoint Health care team. The number of messages sent through MyUnityPoint has more than doubled since the start of the pandemic. What may feel like a simple question to a patient could require a provider to change a treatment plan, look at a patient's medical history or do an in-depth review of records to provide the best possible medical advice. This change allows UnityPoint Health to continue to provide high-quality care to patients through the messaging function of MyUnityPoint. This change better supports our providers who are spending significant amounts of time providing care through portal messages while also caring for patients in the office.
What type of messages will be billed?
The types of messages that may be billed to insurance include:
What type of messages are free?
Not every message will be billed. Messages about scheduling an appointment, requesting a prescription refill, asking about an issue you saw your provider for within the last seven days, or giving a quick update about your health to your provider are a few examples of messages that we will not bill to insurance.
How much should I expect to be billed for portal messages?
Coverage for care delivered through the portal varies by insurance policy. If you have a high deductible or no insurance coverage, costs could range from $36 - $70.
Where should I direct billing questions?
For billing questions, contact the UnityPoint Health billing department at (844) 849-1260.
How will patients be notified of this change?
- Changes to your medications
- New prescriptions
- New symptoms not previously discussed with your provider in the past seven days
- Changes to or check-ups on a long-term condition
- Others that require extensive provider time to review patient's medical history
- Prior to sending a message in the portal, a pop-up box stating this policy appears and
requires a patient's acknowledgement to proceed.
- All patients who use MyUnityPoint received a notification in the portal announcing this
- Information is available on our website.