Three classes are available in this educational series focusing on the complex obstetric patient
Antepartum Physiology & Complications
- Trauma-informed care & pregnancy stressors
- Hypertensive states, HELLP, use of magnesium sulfate
- Preeclampsia/eclampsia, DIC
- Placental problems
- Multiple gestation pregnancies
- Obesity, diabetes in pregnancy & intrapartum
- Care after bariatric surgery
- Alcohol use, Preterm labor
- Cholestasis, Thrombophilias, Stillbirth
- Sepsis, Acute fatty liver, DKA
- Myocardial infarction, trauma & cardiac arrest
Simulations: hypertensive crisis/magnesium sulfate use, antepartum sepsis, maternal code
Participants may choose to take 1, 2 or all 3 Advanced Topics in Obstetrics classes based on their professional needs. Classes are offered once per quarter and are held at the Center for Healthcare Education and Simulation (CHES), 3001 W. Beltline Highway, Suite 305 Madison 53713.
Applicants who cancel less than 7 days prior to class or fail to attend at all, may not be eligible for a refund or for credit on a future training date.
Please call the Mother/Baby Care Administration office at 608.417.7491 (M-F) daytime hours or e-mail email@example.com with any questions you have or if you need to cancel/reschedule.
- February 3
- April 20
- June 22
- August 10
- September 30
- November 30