Apply to Transitional Year Residency Program
Applications to the Transitional Year Residency Program at Iowa Methodist Medical Center are only accepted through the electronic Residency application Service (ERAS). Applications for the 2021 cycle will be reviewed from October 21, 2020 through December 15, 2020. We will only conduct virtual interviews for the 2021 match. These interviews will be conducted from November 2020 through January 2021.
Our selection process involves review of multiple items, including general academic performance, clinical performance, board scores, letters of recommendation, personal qualities, and other achievements. Evidence of strong communication and team member skills and evidence of prior service work, especially in under-served and disadvantaged communities, is also sought.
The following items must be made available for review bu each applicant:
- Main ERAS (with detailed CV)
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation Letter (formerly Dean's letter)
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation
- Medical School Transcript
- Personal Statement addressing why you would be a good candidate for the Transitional Year Residency Program at Iowa Methodist Medical Center
- Passing scores on USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 or COMLEX Step 1 and Step 2
Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have about our Transitional Year Program or the application process.