It’s the Greatest Gift You Can Give!
Allen Hospital volunteers are an integral part of our healthcare team and make an important difference wherever they serve. Depending on individual interests, some of our volunteers work directly with patients and others provide invaluable assistance in hospital support areas. We offer an opportunity for a meaningful experience and a chance to make a difference in people's lives. Whether your interest is to give back to your community or to explore healthcare careers, we have a place for you!
We have three different programs.
- Adult: (long-term commitment)
- CAST: College-aged and short-term volunteer program. (Full semester commitment equal to around 60 hours of service is required)
- SVP: Thank you for your interest in our student volunteer program. Currently we have reached our limit of 10 students and are no longer accepting applications for this year. Summer Volunteer Program (high school students ages 14-18) SVP takes place each summer during the months of June and July through mid-August. Application deadline for this program is mid-May. We have 10 available spots for applicants for the SVP. Summer availability is as follows: Monday through Friday we will have one student each day between the hours of 8 a.m. and noon, and one student each day between the hours of noon and 4 p.m.
Steps to Becoming a Volunteer
- Bring a copy of your immunization record.
- The health screening and lab draw are covered by Volunteer Services and are a requirement to volunteer.
Allen Hospital Auxiliary
The Allen Hospital Auxiliary is a non-profit membership organization dedicated to supporting the hospital and its patients. The Auxiliary supports the hospital in achieving its mission and providing services to patients and their families through direct contact or through fund-raising that benefits patients. To fulfill these goals, the Auxiliary sponsors ongoing patient support programs, holds special events, and provides volunteer support, all of which benefit the hospital community as a whole. The Auxiliary is also proud to provide scholarships to deserving Allen College students pursuing careers in healthcare.
Join us in making a difference...
Choose the membership that's right for you, then print out the Auxiliary Membership Application Form and send to:
1825 Logan Ave.
Waterloo, IA 50703
Includes Allen associates and volunteers.
For those who are interested in the purpose of the Auxiliary. Patron members will have the privileges of active members but will not be required to give service.