Nursing Residency in Des Moines
Beginning your nursing career is an exciting time, but it can also be a little intimidating. UnityPoint Health – Des Moines is strongly committed to supporting new nurses through the nurse residency program. Our program is designed to provide new nurses with the tools necessary to deliver safe, effective and competent high-quality patient care.
Learn more about our patient care areas.
- Please review our Job Board for current open nurse residency positions. You can apply to more than one opening.
- If you are not seeing a specific unit or would like to speak to an HR recruiter to discuss options, please complete this general nurse residency application.
- Attach your resume to your application(s).
When to Apply
|December-February||Spring Nurse Residency|
|March-July||Summer Nurse Residency|
|August-October||Fall Nurse Residency|
Positions are posted when there is availability to hire a new graduate nurse. Not all Clinical Tracks may hire for a particular season. The earliest you can apply to a position is during your last semester of nursing school.
- Dedicated to helping new registered nurses with less than 6 months of experience transition into professional practice through peer support, education and professional development.
- Participation in the program occurs as a part of the regular work assignment. You will get paid to learn and grow into your practice, giving you the confidence you need to be successful.
- Regularly scheduled classes allow for nurse residents to build peer support and share experiences.
- Work with a qualified preceptor, mentor, and educators for ongoing support and guidance.
- Immersion into nursing practice with experiences and seminars with key professional leaders.
Choose a career that matters with UnityPoint Health - Des Moines! We are a family of four hospitals including Iowa Methodist Medical Center, Iowa Lutheran Hospital, Blank Children's Hospital and Methodist West Hospital. Our team members are the compassionate core of who we are and how we serve our patients and visitors every day.
UnityPoint Health – Des Moines Nurse Residency Program is accredited with distinction as a Practice Transition Program by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation in Practice Transition Practice Programs.
The current sites included in this accreditation with distinction designation are:
- Iowa Methodist Medical Center (IMMC)
- Iowa Lutheran Hospital (ILH)
- Blank Children's Hospital (BCH)
- Methodist West Hospital (MWH)