Nursing Residency at Quad Cities Area Hospitals
Trinity's nurses are recognized for their commitment to providing safe, high-quality, compassionate care for the patients and families we serve.
- The UnityPoint Health – Trinity Quad Cities/Muscatine Nurse Residency Program is a research-based program that offers supplemental education and support for newly hired nurse graduates during their first year of employment as an RN.
- The purpose of the nurse residency program is to ease the transition of the new graduate nurse to student nurse to professional nurse – supporting you professionally, emotionally and socially during your first year of nursing.
- Our mission for nurse residency is to empower new nurses to strive for professional excellence.
The program is offered three times a year. You will begin the residency program based on your date of hire.
- All new graduate nurses with less than one year of clinical experience.
- A nurse who is re-entering the nursing profession or acute care setting.
- Complete the 12-month program.
- Demonstrate integrity, compassion, accountability, respect and excellence throughout all interactions with other personnel.
- The classes will be an active learning format. Classes will focus on application, analysis, synthesis, and evaluation of information that is directly related to your role as a front line nurse. Learning activities will include, but are not limited to: simulation, role play, discussion, small/large group work sessions, lecture and self-reflection.