It’s the Greatest Gift You Can Give!
Volunteering offers many wonderful benefits while giving back to your community. Whether you are choosing to volunteer to meet new people, to gain experience in the healthcare field or just wanting to make a difference; Finley is the place for you! We have many unique opportunities and continue to develop new programs to support our patients and staff.
Our volunteers range in age and interests, and we try our best to match volunteers with their interests to ensure a positive experience for both the volunteer and hospital.
There are numerous opportunities to impact the lives of patients as a Finley Hospital volunteer, and we are seeking friendly faces to join our volunteer team.
Volunteer opportunities include but are not limited to:
- Escorting patients
- Pet Therapy (teams must be certified through a recognized credentialing organization; contact us for more information)
- Inpatient units
- Emergency Department
- Clerical opportunities
- Senior Health Insurance Information Program (SHIIP) which provides free, unbiased counseling to Medicare beneficiaries and caregivers about Medicare.
- Must be age 14 or older
- At least a one-year commitment
- Complete online application
- Complete an in-person interview
- If selected, complete orientation paperwork
- A background check for those 18 years of age and older
- Complete a health screening and provide up-to-date vaccination records, including up-to-date COVID-19 vaccinations
- Attend in-person orientation and department training
- Volunteers receive an $8 meal credit for the Finley Hospital Cafeteria on the day they volunteer
- Free parking
- Annual Volunteer Recognition event
- Free Immunizations and Flu Vaccine
The women of Sunshine Circle have been raising funds for Finley Hospital since 1889. In addition to operating and staffing the Sunshine Gift Shop seven days a week, this all-volunteer group organizes fundraising projects and events throughout the year to help maintain important programs that ultimately benefit the entire Dubuque area. These programs and supported facilities include the Wendt Regional Cancer Center, Kehl Diabetes Center, as well as the patients at UnityPoint Health - Finley Hospital.
All proceeds from Sunshine Circle's efforts benefit patient care needs at our compassionate and caring community called Finley Hospital.
Sunshine Gift Shop
The Sunshine Gift Shop is located just off the main lobby area of the UnityPoint Health – Finley Hospital. The Sunshine Gift Shop is staffed by over fifty Sunshine Circle volunteers.
9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Fresh floral arrangements from Dubuque Flower Co.
- Cards and sundry items such as lotions
- Fun children's items including small toys, plush animals and books
- Sunshine signature items: newborn baby bonnets
- Interior design accents
- Fashion accessories including handbags and scarves
- Beautiful jewelry
- Creative silk floral designs
- Delicious confections such as Betty Jane Gremlins and assorted candies, and Freddie's Popcorn treats
Programs Funded by the Sunshine Circle
The 6,200-square foot Pediatric Therapy Center opened in the Fall of 2020 and now proudly calls the third floor of UnityPoint Health - Finley Hospital WestmarkOutpatient Rehab its home. The facility provides dedicated space for physical, occupational, and speech therapy for children from birth to 21 years of age. The $1,245,000 project was provided solely by generous supporters, including a $200,000 gift from the Sunshine Circle to establish the play area within the new facility. "Having a facility that mirrors the high level of care our children receive is a dream come true," said Amy Brooner, Manager of Therapy Services.
Finley's intensive therapy programs provide therapy to help bridge the gap from disabilities to abilities so children can become independent and engage in our communities during their childhood and into adulthood. Thank you to our many donors and families for supporting this 100% donor funded project!
To support The Sunshine Circle, shop their online fundraiser with RADA Cutlery. When you shop, you'll be purchasing high-quality, made in U.S.A. products, while helping our organization raise funds to continue supporting patient care needs at Finley Hospital. Your support of The Sunshine Circle is greatly appreciated.