UnityPoint Health Pediatric Therapy Center
Today's Hours: 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Tuesday: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Wednesday: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Thursday: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Friday: 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
Pediatric Therapy in Dubuque
At UnityPoint Health Pediatric Therapy Center, we offer experienced professionals who are passionate about working with children and are committed to advancing our knowledge to best serve our patients within Dubuque and the surrounding tri-state area. Our team has a combined 100 + years of experience.
Our pediatric therapists provide comprehensive services to children from infancy through early adulthood. Using a collaborative approach, we work closely with the family and other health care providers to maximize each child's potential for functional independence and communication through examinations, evaluations, promotion of health and wellness, assessment of needs for adaptive equipment, feeding intervention, and development of functional skills. We treat a wide variety of diagnoses from minor development delays to significant neurological disorders.
- Physical Therapists - focus on improving strength, coordination, balance and motor skills including tummy time, crawling, walking, jumping and climbing to improve functional independence and participation.
- Occupational Therapists - focus on fine motor coordination, sensory processing, handwriting and activities of daily living (dressing/grooming) to develop functional and independent skills. Our therapists are trained to use the Sequential Oral Sensory (SOS) approach, while working with those who are considered picky eaters or have feeding difficulties.
- Speech - Language Pathologists - focus on understanding and using words, social communication and interaction, speech sound difficulties, reading difficulties, and voice and swallowing disorders. Our therapists are trained to use traditional voice therapy techniques as well as PROMPT therapy.