Adult-Gero Acute Care & Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Preceptorships - Des Moines
UnityPoint Health – Des Moines hospitals offer opportunities for students enrolled in Nurse Practitioner programs to complete clinical rotation hours within the acute care setting. Potential areas for clinical experiences:
- Adult Medicine/Hospitalist
- Adult Critical Care
- Palliative Care
- Acute Rehabilitation
- Emergency Medicine
- Mental Health
A crucial part of any nurse practitioner's success as a provider is a meaningful clinical experience. During your clinical experience, you will gradually learn how to apply your academic knowledge into practice and to make evidence-based decisions for your patients.
We know that to be a good clinician it is essential to have an active partnership between the preceptor, the academic program and student.
Those interested in applying for the Adult-Gero Acute Care or Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Preceptorship must:
Complete the online application.
- If you are requesting more rotations than can be completed on one application, submit a second application.
- All applications will be considered, but we are unable to guarantee placement.
- Application deadlines:
Semester Application due by: Expect a response by: Spring July 1 of the year prior August 31 Summer November 1 of the year prior December 31 Fall February 1 March 31
- Late applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Submit your application, including the name of your school, the semester you're requesting, the number of hours you need to complete, the specialty area and your CV to Sarah.Anderson@unitypoint.org.
- Email your CV to Sarah.Anderson@unitypoint.org. If you do not submit your CV, your application will be considered incomplete.
- Review the Expectations of Students and Preceptors. These are based on our organization's values.
All applications are reviewed by the UnityPoint Health – Des Moines APP Clinical Preceptorship Committee. Responses will be sent following the schedule listed above.
For questions, contact Sarah.Anderson@unitypoint.org.
Expectations of Students and Preceptors
- Listen first in order to understand
- Work as one team
- Celebrate each other
- Collaborate with each other
- Manage Up
- Make moments matter
- Be accessible and welcoming
- Take ownership and manage each other up
- Take pride in our environment
- Escort guests to their destination
- Learn from others
- Be aware of tone and energy
- Maintain an excuse-free culture
- Share stories
- Celebrate accomplishments
- Pursue greatness
- Anticipate the needs of patients, guests and co-workers
- Build open and sincere relationships
- Embrace and promote change
- Identify opportunities where we can be better