Volunteer at UnityPoint Health - Meriter
Meriter Hospital Volunteer Services
Volunteers play a key role in enhancing the patient and visitor experience at UnityPoint Health – Meriter hospital. If giving back to our community in a healthcare setting interests you, we may have just the opportunity!
How to Become a Volunteer
- Must be at least 14 years of age
- Be able to commit to a 2-4 hour weekly shift for minimum of 6 consecutive months or 2 semesters
- Complete a health screening and pass a criminal background check.
- Keep annual requirements up-to-date which includes attending the Flu/TB clinics and updating your annual education every Fall
When your volunteer placement has been determined, you will need to set up a health screening appointment with Employee Health Services.
- Complete a TB test.
- Show proof of immunity against Rubella, Measles, Mumps, Varicella, Hepatitis B, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis, as well as proof of the COVID-19 vaccine and flu shot.