UnityPoint Health – Meriter believes in not only taking care of its patients but taking care of its employees. We do so by encouraging a healthy work environment and supporting a happy home life through competitive pay, excellent benefits and the opportunity to grow within the company. It's why many members of the Meriter family stay with us for more than a decade.
Health and Wellness
At Meriter, caring for the whole person doesn't stop with the patient. It's true for our employees, too. We want your health and well-being to be our top priority.
- Great Health Coverage (eligibility based on FTE):
- Pre-tax health insurance plan options through Quartz/Physicians Plus Insurance with access to all UnityPoint Health – Meriter, UW Health and independent providers.
- Freedom of choice provider plan available
- Benefit rich dental plans and vision insurance plan options
- Domestic partner coverage available for health, dental, and vision insurance
- Health flexible spending (pre-tax) plan, which can be used for reimbursement for medical expenses
- Dependent Care flexible spending (pre-tax) plan, which can be used for reimbursement for child-care expenses
- Dedicated programs, classes and incentives for staff through our employee wellness initiatives
- Free workout facilities, located at the ospital and select off-site locations
- Organ and bone marrow transplant donor leave
- Free Short-term and Long-term disability
Work Life Balance
Your life should be about more than just work. Meriter wants to ensure you are able to take care of yourself and your family, enjoying the moments that matter most to you personally.
- Flexible Earned Time (combined holiday, vacation, personal and sick pay) starting at a minimum of 23 days per year for full time employees and prorated accruals for part-time employees; accrual increases on specific service anniversaries.
- 5-star rated on-site child care facility for children 6 weeks to 6 years in age
- Adoption Assistance program, offering up to $6,000 to adopting families, prorated by FTE.
- Variety of recreational discounts at water parks, gyms, hotels, zoos and more
- Bereavement leave
You work hard; you deserve to feel comfortable in your financial situation now and in the future. Meriter understands that.
- 401(k) for employee contributions with employer contribution
- Competitive pay increases
- Free Term life/accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Dependent life (spouse and children) and supplemental life insurance available
- Military bridge pay to ensure financial stability while serving our country
- On-site banks and ATMs
- Discounts on cell phone contracts, Madison metro bus passes, car rentals, tax preparation and more
- Jury duty pay at your regular rate of pay while serving
Development is important. Meriter supports your desire to be challenged, grow and change. It's why almost a third of our hires last year were internal transfers looking to advance their careers.
- Tuition Assistance (payment of tuition before class completion) for approved degree programs starting at a minimum of $4,000 per calendar year, prorated by FTE
- Nurse residency and externship programs
- Ongoing training and classes for employees
A Company that Cares
We're all part of the team at Meriter. That's why it's important to us that you have a say in what's going on. We want you to be part of the conversation and make sure your good work is recognized.
- Regular employee forums
- Various employee recognition programs for patient satisfaction and service excellence
- Employee assistance program for workplace concerns
- Encouragement to share ideas and changes
- Cafeteria discounts for employees at the hospital
*Eligibility for the above benefits is dependent upon your job position and your FTE status.