Resident Quality Council
The Resident Quality Council is made up of residents from all of the UnityPoint Health - Des Moines residency programs, with the goal of getting residents more involved in quality improvement measures.
- Encourage and promote the development of quality improvement / patient safety initiatives and research within the UnityPoint Health - Des Moines residency programs
- Increase resident knowledge and application of quality improvement methods and tools.
- Share quality improvement project and outcomes information between and among residency programs.
- Be a repository of resident initiated quality improvement / patient safety initiatives and research.
- Promote the sharing of resident research projects and scholarly activity within the UnityPoint Health - Des Moines community.
- Support residents who wish to initiate quality improvement / patient safety projectors and research.
Chair - Kenna Babcock, M.D., Vedica Sharma, M.D.
- Officers will be elected by Resident Quality Council Members
- Vice-Chair will succeed the chair at the completion of his/her term.
- Voting Rights: TBD
- Meeting Frequency: Determined by the Council
- Reporting Structure: The Resident Quality Council will report to the Clinical Quality Committee and Graduate Medical Education Committee
- Identify Quality Improvement Curriculum components.
- Maintain a catalog of QI projects completed by residents
To get in touch with the Council with questions or for more information please email Kenna.email@example.com or Vedica.firstname.lastname@example.org