Job Listings for Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers
At Blank Children's we have more than 90 specialists in pediatrics and women's health who practice in our hospital and clinics. The team of physicians and advanced practice providers deliver high-quality, compassionate medical care to all patients and families. We have several opportunities available for qualified candidates to join our team. We encourage you to check them out and let us know you're interested.
Physician: Pediatric Hospitalist
Blank Children's Hospital has an excellent full-time Pediatric Hospitalist opportunity available for a BC/BE pediatrician to join an established practice of six pediatric hospitalists. There is a competitive compensation package with benefits including 401K with match; health, dental, disability and life insurance; malpractice coverage and annual CME allowance.
- Blank Pediatric Hospitalists provide care for pediatric patients from birth to adolescence in two newly remodeled newborn nurseries and a 40-bed general pediatric ward.
- Hospitalists do not have delivery, PICU or ER coverage responsibilities.
- Overnight call after 11 p.m. is from home, and the average overnight call is five nights per month per FTE.
- A wide variety of pediatric sub-specialist support is available including pediatric emergency medicine, pediatric intensive care, neonatology and pediatric surgery.
- The Blank Pediatric Hospitalist service provides education for the Blank Pediatric Residency program as well as visiting Family Practice Residents and medical students from the University of Iowa and Des Moines University.
- Opportunities are available to participate in multidisciplinary quality improvement projects within our own organization, in the community and in collaboration with the AAP.
- Faculty appointments at both Des Moines University and the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine are available.
Physician: Pediatric Emergency Medicine
The Blank Children's Pediatric Emergency Department is seeking additional Pediatric Emergency Medicine BC/BE physicians to join the Pediatric Emergency Medicine group. The pediatric emergency department (PED) sees 24,000+ visits per year and is a certified Level II Pediatric Trauma Center. Blank Children's also serves as the primary PED teaching site for pediatric and family practice residents as well as medical students from two universities.
The Blank Children's PED is staffed 24/7 by pediatric emergency medicine physicians, with additional 16 hours of double coverage by general pediatricians during the busiest hours.
Medical Director: Regional Child Protection Center
Blank Children's Hospital is seeking a full time BC/BE Child Abuse Pediatrician to serve as the Medical Director of the Regional Child Protection Center (RCPC). With this position you will join a well-established multi-disciplinary team and nationally accredited Child Advocacy Center, the largest in the State of Iowa. The Medical Director is responsible for:
- Providing direction for all aspects of child abuse examinations
- Child-appropriate exams and medical evaluations
- Forensic medical evaluation for child abuse
- Expert witness testimony
- Community outreach regarding treatment and prevention of child abuse
- Consultation to medical providers, law enforcement, schools, child protection services and hospital emergency departments
- Continuing medical education
- Hospital consultation
Compensation and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience and skill set. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Regional Child Protection Center
The Regional Child Protection Center has provided a child friendly, coordinated and comprehensive response to child abuse in a safe and healing environment since opening in 2002. Our team of experts provide forensic medical evaluation and interviews for children. RCPC also provides developmental assessments and ongoing care for children exposed to drugs at our Drug Endangered Children Clinic, a Failure to Thrive Clinic, and a specialized Foster Care Clinic which is integrated with mental health services for children in foster care.
The successful candidate will join a CAP, CAC Manager, ARNP, Mental Health Therapists, RN Care Managers, Forensic Interviewers, Family Advocate, Pediatric Dietician, and support staff to serve children and families through a well-established and growing program with state, institutional, and philanthropic support. In 2016, RCPC provided 2211 services to 1177 children, including 1467 medical examinations and 685 forensic interviews.