Job Listings for Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers
At Blank Children's we have more than 90 specialists in pediatrics and women's health who practice in our hospital and clinics. The team of physicians and advanced practice providers deliver high-quality, compassionate medical care to all patients and families. We have several opportunities available for qualified candidates to join our team. We encourage you to check them out and let us know you're interested.
Physician: BC/BE Pediatric Emergency Medicine
The Blank Children's Pediatric Emergency Department is seeking additional Pediatric Emergency Medicine Board Certified/Board Eligible physicians to join the Pediatric Emergency Medicine group. The pediatric emergency department (PED) sees 24,000+ visits per year and is a certified Level II Pediatric Trauma Center. Blank Children's also serves as the primary PED teaching site for pediatric and family practice residents as well as medical students from two universities.
The Blank Children's PED is staffed 24/7 by pediatric emergency medicine physicians, with additional 16 hours of double coverage by general pediatricians during the busiest hours. Full time staff work 1,392 shift hours per calendar year for an annual salary of $285,000.
Medical Director: STAR Center
Blank Children's Hospital is seeking a full time BC/BE Child Abuse Pediatrician to serve as the Medical Director of the STAR Center (formerly Regional Child Protection Center). With this position you will join a well-established multi-disciplinary team and nationally accredited Child Advocacy Center, the largest in the State of Iowa. The Medical Director is responsible for:
- Providing direction for all aspects of child abuse examinations
- Child-appropriate exams and medical evaluations
- Forensic medical evaluation for child abuse
- Expert witness testimony
- Community outreach regarding treatment and prevention of child abuse
- Consultation to medical providers, law enforcement, schools, child protection services and hospital emergency departments
- Continuing medical education
- Hospital consultation
Compensation and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience and skill set. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The STAR Center has provided a child friendly, coordinated and comprehensive response to child abuse in a safe and healing environment since opening in 2002. Our team of experts provide forensic medical evaluation and interviews for children. The STAR Center also provides developmental assessments and ongoing care for children exposed to drugs at our Drug Endangered Children Clinic, a Failure to Thrive Clinic, and a specialized Foster Care Clinic which is integrated with mental health services for children in foster care.
The successful candidate will join a CAP, CAC Manager, ARNP, Mental Health Therapists, RN Care Managers, Forensic Interviewers, Family Advocate, Pediatric Dietician, and support staff to serve children and families through a well-established and growing program with state, institutional, and philanthropic support. In 2016, the STAR Center provided 2211 services to 1177 children, including 1467 medical examinations and 685 forensic interviews.
Physician: BC/BE Pediatric Gastroenterology
Blank Children's Hospital is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible Pediatric Gastroenterologist to join a well-established group practice in Des Moines, Iowa. Blank Children's Hospital is a full-service tertiary care hospital with an ACGME Pediatric Residency program that is academically affiliated with the University of Iowa Medical School. Teaching medical students and residents is an integral part of the practice. Research opportunities are available. There is a well-established program that includes psychologists, social workers, Child Life specialists, chaplain residency program. A full range of sub-specialists make up the staff.
Physician: BC/BE Pediatric Pulmonology
Blank Children's Hospital is actively recruiting a Board Certified/Board Eligible Pediatric Pulmonologist to join a well-established group practice in Des Moines, Iowa. Blank Children's Hospital is a full-service tertiary care hospital with an ACGME Pediatric Residency program affiliated with Carver College of Medicine at the University of Iowa. Teaching medical students and residents is an integral part of the practice. Other academic activities and research opportunities are available. We have an accredited multidisciplinary Cystic Fibrosis Center, a state of the art pulmonary function laboratory and bronchoscopy services.
Physician: BC/BE Pediatric Surgery
Blank Children's Hospital is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible Pediatric Surgeon to join two other BC Pediatric Surgeons in a robust pediatric surgery practice. Blank Children’s Hospital provides pediatric medical and surgical subspecialty care to the residents of central Iowa, a population of more than 1 million. While it shares a campus with Iowa Methodist Medical Center, Blank Children’s maintains a distinct identity with its storied history, community outreach, and modern facility boasting 100% private rooms.
- Full service tertiary care hospital with complementary clinics supporting the full range of pediatric medical and surgical sub-specialists.
- Large case volume representing the complete spectrum of pediatric surgical disease including neonatal index cases, tumors, and thoracoabdominal congenital and acquired diseases.
- State-of-the-art surgical suites housed within Iowa Methodist Medical Center, with pediatric-appropriate open, laparoscopic, and thoracoscopic instrumentation and an active robotic program. The Pediatric Surgery Center separates pediatric from adult patients and provides proactive Child Life Services to every patient, every procedure.
- Level 2 Pediatric Trauma Care Program staffed in conjunction with the Level 1 Adult Trauma Care Program at Iowa Methodist Medical Center by the Trauma Service. Pediatric Trauma call is not required, but participation in the trauma program is welcome.
- ACGME approved General Surgery Residency Program at Iowa Methodist Medical Center. Resident teaching is an integral part of the practice. Blank Children’s has an ACGME approved Pediatric Residency program affiliated with the Carver College of Medicine at the University of Iowa. The hospital also hosts rotating medical students from the College of Medicine. An academic appointment and research opportunities are available.
Physician: BC/BE Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Blank Children’s Hospital is actively recruiting a Board Certified/Board Eligible Pediatric Psychiatrist to join a well-established practice in Des Moines, Iowa. Main focus of the practice is outpatient clinic med management with call rotation of 1 out of 4. Consultation only for inpatient practice. Blank Children’s Hospital is a full service tertiary care hospital with an ACGME Pediatric Residency program affiliated with Carver College of Medicine at the University Of Iowa. Teaching medical students & Residents is an integral part of the practice. Other academic activities and research opportunities are available.
Neonatal Nurse Practitioner
Blank Children’s Hospital is seeking additional neonatal nurse practitioners (NNPs) to join our Blank Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU) team. The Blank NICU is staffed 24/7 by board certified/board eligible neonatologists and NNPs. Our NNPs also staff the newborn nursery at Methodist West Hospital 24/7. We are seeking NNP team members who wish join our team on a full time basis. NNP certification and active advance practice licensure is required for this position.