Life in Des Moines
Internal Medicine residents will love living in Des Moines!
As Iowa's capital city, Des Moines is a hub of activity and big city bustle with a small town atmosphere. With a Metro population over 741,000, Des Moines is a major center for insurance, financial services and publishing.
Des Moines has a lot to offer residents, including affordable housing, outstanding schools, short commute times and a diverse population. Des Moines was most recently named one of the top five places to live and to raise a family in the U.S. by Forbes magazine. Learn other top ratings.
With over 850 restaurants, 115 miles of trails, 66 parks, over 30 golf courses, hundreds of concerts and music venues and four major shopping malls, there is always something to see and do in Des Moines
Download a free, comprehensive relocation information packet!
Des Moines Snapshot
- #4 Best Place to Live - U.S. News & World Report, 2018
- #1 Best Affordable Place to Life - U.S. News & World Report, 2017
- #5 Best Place for Business and Careers - Forbes, 2017
- #4 Best Mid-Size City to Make a Living - MoneyGeek, 2016
- #4 Best Place to Raise Children - SmartAsset, 2016
- #7 Hippest Mid-Size City in America - Gogobot, 2016
Learn More About Greater Des Moines
Experience Des Moines
Find What You Are Looking For