The Child Life practicum student will complete the following during the course of the 8-week practicum:
- Participation in volunteer orientation led by the Volunteer Services department.
- Journals of hospital experience to be turned in weekly - please complete the entry at the end of each day while impressions, behaviors and incidents from the day are still fresh in mind.
- Assigned readings given by the practicum supervisor.
- Participation in class discussion, in-services, etc. to enhance professional development.
- Provide appropriate play opportunities to patients in inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Observe preparation, coping and charting throughout practicum.
- Complete a procedural checklist.
- Plan, implement and evaluate a therapeutic play activity and a health care play activity.
- Participation in the evaluation tools used at midterm and final.
- An evaluation of the practicum program at the conclusion of the experience.
- A self evaluation at midterm and at final evaluation.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.