**Please note: All interns must be affiliated with a university during their internship.**
- A complete orientation that includes essential teaching modules as well as observation in all clinical areas. We follow the Child Life Council's module recommendations.
- Complete assignments from teaching modules associated with Growth and Development, Medical Play, Charting, Preparation, Grief and Bereavement, Professionalism, Volunteer Program as well as Coping and Distraction.
- Supplemental reading associated with modules (interns are responsible for obtaining the following books prior to start date):
- Child Life in Hospitals, R.H. Thompson & G. Stanford
- Psychosocial Care of Children in Hospitals, ACCH
- Daily journals of hospital experiences to be turned in weekly.
- Prepare and present a case study on a patient following guidelines.
- Child Life Project: Create and plan a project specific to Child Life Therapy and present to staff.
- Medical play, preparation, play, charting, and procedural support under the supervision of a Child Life Specialist.
- Weekly meetings with Child Life Specialists to discuss clinical and personal experiences.
- Interns will be required to complete self evaluations following each rotation.