Beginning your nursing career is exciting, yet filled with apprehension. UnityPoint Health – Trinity is committed to helping you transition into a successful and satisfying nursing career.
Nurse Residency Program
The UnityPoint Health – Trinity Quad Cities/Muscatine Nurse Residency Program is a research-based program that offers supplemental education and support for the newly hired nurse graduate during their first year of employment as an RN.
The purpose of the nurse residency program is to ease the transition from student nurse to professional nurse – supporting you professionally, emotionally and socially during your first year of nursing.
Our mission for nurse residency is to empower new nurses to strive for professional excellence.
The program is offered three times a year. You will begin the residency program based on your date of hire.
What to Expect
- To attend 4-hour classes one time a month for six months
- Classes will be part of your regularly scheduled hours
- To communicate scheduling conflicts to your nurse manager
- To actively participate in class lessons
- To demonstrate respect, dignity and confidentiality toward fellow nurse residents
- Create and present an evidence-based project
The classes will be an active learning format. Classes will focus on application, analysis, synthesis, and evaluation of information that is directly related to your role as a front line nurse. Learning activities will include, but are not limited to: simulation, role play, discussion, small/large group work sessions, lecture and self-reflection.
For more information, please contact:
Linda Anders, MBA, MSN, RN
Regional Professional Development Coordinator