As a patient/client of our organization, you have the responsibility to:
- Agree to accept all caregivers without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, gender preference, handicap or national origin.
- Remain under a doctor's care when required by the program.
- Provide UnityPoint at Home with all requested insurance and financial information.
- Provide UnityPoint at Home with a complete and accurate health history.
- Sign required consents and releases.
- Take part in planning your care.
- Accept the consequences, including changes in reimbursement eligibility, for any refusal of treatment or choosing not to follow your plan of care.
- Provide a safe home environment in which your care can be given.
- Protect your valuables by storing them carefully in an appropriate manner.
- Cooperate with your doctor, UnityPoint at Home personnel and other caregivers.
- Treat UnityPoint at Home personnel with respect and consideration.
- Let UnityPoint at Home know of any problems or dissatisfactions with care.
- Notify UnityPoint at Home when unable to keep appointments.
- Provide a copy of your advance directive if you have one.