Radiologic Technology (RT) Certificate Program
The RT program is a two-year, full-time program educating students in all aspects of general radiology. Students will learn to use state-of-the art equipment and ionizing radiation to produce diagnostic images in order to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of illness and disease. Through an articulation agreement with DMACC, students have the option of pursuing an Associate in General Studies degree. Are you looking for an exciting career in the medical field? Explore an education in radiologic technology!
The mission of the UnityPoint Health - Des Moines School of Radiologic Technology is to educate students in the art and science of radiologic technology and to help them become competent and caring healthcare professionals.
The UnityPoint Health - Des Moines School of Radiologic Technology is fully accredited by the:
Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology
20 North Wacker Drive, Suite 2850
Chicago, IL 60606-3182
At the end of this program, each student should be able to:
1. Practice as a competent entry-level radiographer.
- Accurately position patients.
- Accurately set technical factors.
- Accurately manipulate radiographic equipment.
- Provide quality patient care.
- Accurately utilize radiation protection methods.
- Integrate critical thinking and problem solving abilities into clinical practice.
2. Communicate effectively in the clinical area.
- Effectively communicate through oral methods.
- Effectively communicate through written methods.
3. Demonstrate and evaluate professional development.
- Evaluate importance of continuing education programs.
- Research professionalism to develop a Personal Philosophy of Professionalism.
- Model professionalism in the clinical arena.
4. Meet the needs of the community.
- Students entering the program will complete the program.
- Graduates who sit for the ARRT Board Examination within 6 months of graduation will pass on the first attempt.
- Graduates will be satisfied with the educational program.
- Employers will hire graduates.
- Of those seeking employment, graduates will be employed within 6 months of graduation.
Applicants are required to attend an Information Session as part of the admission process to the School of Radiologic Technology.
Date: First Friday of most months - reservations required*
Location: Iowa Methodist Medical Center Radiology Department
Time: 1:00 - 2:30 p.m.
* Seating is limited. Applicants must call Matthew Millard at 515-241-6880 or email him at email@example.com to reserve a seat. Faculty reserve the right to determine if a session will be held on any given Friday.
Our program is proud to report that, over the most recent 5 year period:
96% of graduates pursuing a career in radiologic technology have passed the ARRT National Board Examination.
93% of graduates pursuing employment in radiologic technology have obtained positions within six months of graduation.
85% of incoming students completed the program.
Assessment Summary for 2013 - 2014
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here to find answers to our Frequently Asked Questions.
School of Radiologic Technology Catalog and Academic Calendar
Download our School of Radiologic Technology Catalog for information on our schedule, curriculum, course descriptions, admission requirements, student benefits/expenses and much more. You can also download our 2014 -2015 Academic Calendar, 2015 - 2016 Academic Calendar and Semester Schedule.
Application for Admission
To be considered for enrollment in our program, download and print our Application for Admission form and mail it to the address given on the form. Applicants must review the clinical standards to determine their ability and compatibility with the physical requirements of radiographers. The annual application deadline is January 15.
Click here for Admission Requirements.
Click her for a copy of the Application Evaluation Rubric used to score all applications submitted to the program.
Download a copy of our Student Handbook. Also download a copy of our Clinical Manual and Syllabus.
Download a copy of our Financial Aid Handbook and Financial Aid Code of Conduct.