Compensation and Benefits
Post Graduate Year 1 - $47,500
Reimbursement for all reasonable trainee expense including meeting registration, travel, hotel (double occupancy), and meals.
PGY1 Residents typically attend two meetings, the ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting and the Midwest Pharmacy Residency Conference.
*Due to COVID-19 availability and participation may change
- Prescription drug
- Life Insurance
- One comp day per four week learning experience.
- 10 days of PTO.
- Residents have PTO available for illness, interviews, personal days, and extended weekends for travel to home or special personal or family events.
Attendance at professional meetings is considered part of professional responsibilities, not PTO.
Medical and Personal Leave of Absence
Residents may apply for a leave of absence for medical reasons, personal reasons, military service and jury duty per UnityPoint Health HR policy.
- Designated resident office.
- Access to Health Sciences Library.
- BCLS/ACLS Certification (ACLS optional).
- Free on-site fitness facilities access.
- Reference material stipend.
- Convenient underground parking.
- One comp day for every 4-week learning experience.
- Des Moines Area Regional Transit Authority - DART. UnityPoint Health team members may present their ID badge to ride any DART bus for free.