Nurse Residency Program
Beginning your nursing career is an exciting time, but it can also be a little intimidating. UnityPoint Health – Des Moines is strongly committed to supporting new nurses through the nurse residency program. Our program is designed to provide new nurses with the tools necessary to deliver safe, effective and competent high-quality patient care.
- Dedicated to help new nurses (with less than 6 months of experience) transition into professional practice through peer support, education, and professional development.
- Participation in the program occurs as a part of the regular work assignment. You will get paid to learn and grow into your practice, giving you the confidence you need to be successful.
- Regularly scheduled classes allow for nurse residents to build peer support and share experiences.
- Work with a qualified preceptor, mentor, and educators for ongoing support and guidance.
- Immersion into nursing practice with experiences and seminars with key professional leaders.
Who Should Apply
- Nursing students in their final semester
- RNs with less than six months of experience
How to Apply
Complete the online application for the February 2023 Nurse Residency Cohort
Please complete the clinical track and shift ranking form.
- Attach the following to your application
- Professional resume
- Cover letter
- Why are you interested in working at UnityPoint Health – Des Moines?
- Why are you interested in the nurse residency program?
- What patient population are you interested in and why?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- Once an online application is complete, human resources will request the following:
- Email addresses for reference who will be asked to complete a skills survey.
- One reference must be a nursing clinical faculty member who has observed the candidate in the clinical setting.
- Internal candidates must provide email of their current manager or supervisor for their second reference.
- External candidates may choose any professional reference.
- Clinical tracks can be competitive. Please indicate all areas of interest.
Timeline for Cohorts