Nurse Practitioner Preceptorship
A crucial part of any nurse practitioner's success as a provider is a meaningful clinical experience. During your clinical experience, you will gradually learn how to apply your academic knowledge into practice and to make evidence-based decisions for your patients.
We know that in order to be a good clinician it is essential to have an active partnership between the preceptor, the university and the student. Currently, it's difficult for a student to align with a prepared and dedicated preceptor.
At Blank Children's Hospital, we want to make it easier for you, so we developed a standard entry process to request clinical experience.
Review the expectations of students and preceptors. These are based on our organization's values.
Fill out our clinical experience application.
Provide your CV.
After your application is submitted (must be at least one year in advance), it will be reviewed by the Blank Nurse Practitioner Education Committee. You will be notified by the committee if your application is accepted and who your primary preceptor will be.
** Please complete a separate application for each semester
Expectations of Students and Preceptors
Our organization believes in doing what's right for the people we serve. We stand behind four uncompromising principles: Foster Unity, Own the Moment, Champion Excellence, Seize Opportunities. These are known as our FOCUS values.
- Listen first in order to understand
- Work as one team
- Celebrate each other
- Collaborate with each other
- Manage Up
Own the Moment
- Make moments matter
- Be accessible and welcoming
- Take ownership and manage each other up
- Take pride in our environment
- Escort guests to their destination
- Learn from others
- Be aware of tone and energy
- Maintain an excuse-free culture
- Share stories
- Celebrate accomplishments
- Pursue greatness
- Anticipate the needs of patients, guests and co-workers
- Build open and sincere relationships
- Embrace and promote change
- Identify opportunities where we can be better
All applications are reviewed on a quarterly basis by our Education Committee. Please complete an application per semester you are requesting. If accepted, you will be notified via email and a response to your acceptance will be required within 5 business days.