This course covers UnityPoint Health – Meriter specific workflows and assumes you already understand core inpatient order entry, documentation and admission, rounding and discharge workflows. This class will cover:
- An Overview of Admission, Rounding and Discharge Workflows at Meriter
- Special Orders
- Advanced Ordering
- Working with Consults
- Bedside Procedures
- Pre-Admission/Pre-Surgical orders
- Phases of Care More
* Please note that exact classroom location may change.
- You must be an active user of order entry and clinical documentation at another organization using EpicCare Inpatient and/or Ambulatory.
- You have completed formal organization mandated order entry and documentation training at that organization.
- You will be required to pass the Meriter Epic post-training assessment verifying your understanding of core EpicCare Inpatient CPOE and Documentation functionality at the end of this class. Please note that this assessment will include questions not covered in this class and you will not be given system security until you pass the assessment. This assessment tests your knowledge of IP functionality you should know prior to class.
- If you are currently a user of EpicCare Ambulatory, not Inpatient and since this class does not cover all Inpatient software functionality, we recommend you complete eLearning modules on core IP functionality prior to coming to class. To access the eLearning modules, follow this link and review Epic-Released EpicCare Inpatient eLearnings in the MeriterCare eLearning section of the page.
AMA POLICY ON DISCLOSURE
It is the policy of UnityPoint Health – Meriter that the faculty, authors, planners and other persons who may influence content of this CME activity disclose all relevant financial relationships with commercial interests in order to allow CME staff to identify and resolve any potential conflicts of interest. Faculty must also disclose any planned discussion of unlabeled/unapproved uses of drugs or devices during their presentation(s). Detailed disclosures will be made at the activity.
STATEMENT OF ACCREDITATION
UnityPoint Health – Meriter is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT
UnityPoint Health – Meriter designates this live activity for a maximum of 4 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.