Care of the Neonate 1&2 7/8/24 & 7/15/24
Registration for Part 1 automatically registers you for the corresponding Part 2.
Prior to registering for this two-part course, the participant should have taken "Newborn Foundations" OR have a minimum of one years' experience taking care of healthy newborns in a hospital setting. "Care of the Neonate 1 & 2" is a curriculum that has been designed for those who are either new to caring for neonates in a level 3 or 4 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit or are looking to expand their nursing practice from other neonatal or pediatric backgrounds.
Topics to be covered:
- Gestationally-appropriate development care
- Kangaroo care
- Neonatal skin care
- The genitourinary system
- The gastrointestinal system
- Post-partum emotions and mood disorders
- Enteral nutrition practices & growth
- Cue-based feeding
- Respiratory system development and complications
- Acid-base balance & blood gas interpretation
- Ventilation modes, principles, and interfaces
- Hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy, seizures, and whole body cooling
- Care of the micropreemie
Please wear your name badge and a mask.
Questions or need to cancel/reschedule? Please contact the Pregnancy & Newborn Care office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants who cancel fewer than 7 days prior to class or fail to attend at all, may not be eligible for a refund or for credit on a future training date. If the course needs to be canceled for any reason, you will be notified by 6:00 AM by email. Please be sure to check your email the morning of class.
Professional Development staff