Newborn Skills & Drills 8/20/24
This course is for those who have previously completed at least one NRP class and have a minimum of 1-2 years of newborn care experience in the hospital setting. STABLE certification highly recommended.
This 1-day, 3-hour course covers the following topics:
- Hands-on skills stations
- Mask ventilation
- LMA placement
- Coordinated PPV and compressions
- UVC placement
- Epinephrine preparation and administration
- Preemie support
- Needle thoracentesis
- Resuscitation Simulations
- Case Scenario Discussions to cover
- Delayed onset respiratory distress
- Hypoglycemia vs early-onset NAS
- Late preterm & hypothermia
- Demonstrate effective positive pressure ventilation, coordinated PPV and compressions, and epinephrine preparation and administration.
- Apply proper technique during intubation, LMA placement, UVC placement, and needle thoracentesis.
- Delineate the steps of resuscitation based on infant risk factors using the 8th edition of NRP algorithm and standards.
- Identify risks in the immediate newborn period, including hypoglycemia, infection, prematurity, and respiratory distress, and describe appropriate interventions.
This class can double as your live NRP hands-on event. Please contact us at email@example.com for more information.
Please wear your name badge and a mask.
Place: UnityPoint Health – Meriter Hospital, 202 S. Park Street Madison, WI 53715.
Meriter employees must park in their assigned area
Non-Meriter employees may park in the hospital ramp level 5 or above (entrance on S. Brooks St.). You will receive a parking validation at class.
The planners of this education have no financial disclosures.
STATEMENT OF ACCREDITATION
UnityPoint Health-Meriter is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT
UnityPoint Health-Meriter designates this live activity for a maximum of 3 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM.
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Questions or need to cancel/reschedule? Please contact the Pregnancy & Newborn Care office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants who cancel fewer than 7 days prior to class or fail to attend at all, may not be eligible for a refund or for credit on a future training date. If the course needs to be canceled for any reason, you will be notified by 6:00 AM by email. Please be sure to check your email the morning of class.
Please note: we must have 3 attendees for this class to place.
Professional Development staff