AWHONN Obstetric Patient Safety: OB Emergencies Workshop 10/23/24
This new Obstetric Patient Safety (OPS): Obstetric Emergencies Workshop is designed to help nurses and providers identify, assess, and manage the care for women with specific obstetric emergencies such as hypertensive disorders of pregnancy, postpartum hemorrhage, and maternal sepsis. Nurses and providers working in the following departments: perinatal, emergency, medical-surgical, ICU, and critical access will find this course essential to caring for women presenting with obstetric emergencies.
- Prerequisite 4 online course modules
- Designed to disseminate best practices for:
- Postpartum hemorrhage
- Hypertension disorders of pregnancy
- Maternal sepsis
- Course content meets the following Joint Commission requirements
- PC 06.01.01 Reduce likelihood of harm related to maternal hemorrhage
- PC 06.03.01 Reduce the likelihood of harm related to maternal severe hypertension/preeclampsia
- Active simulations and debriefings
- Nursing contact hours: 15.1; Pharmacy 0.25; CME none
Simulation Learning: the engaging, live, hands-on Workshop provides for practice through simulation for nurses and providers to reduce the risk of maternal injury and death
- Demonstrate effective management for pregnant or postpartum women who present with hypertensive disorders of pregnancy.
- Demonstrate effective management for women who have excessive bleeding after giving birth.
- Demonstrate effective management for maternal sepsis.
- Role-play with a multidisciplinary team using simulation-based cognitive, behavioral, and technical learning strategies to practice management of postpartum hemorrhage.
Pre-course materials are now part of the course cost (approximately $120 per participant). Approximately a month before the in-class date, information concerning access will be emailed to registered participants.
Questions or need to cancel/reschedule? Please contact the Pregnancy & Newborn Care office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants who cancel fewer than 7 days prior to class or fail to attend at all, may not be eligible for a refund or for credit on a future training date. If the course needs to be canceled for any reason, you will be notified by 6:00 AM by email. Please be sure to check your email the morning of class.
Pregnancy & Newborn Care Professional Development Office