AWHONN Intermediate Fetal Monitoring Course
The purpose of the AWHONN Intermediate Fetal Monitoring Course is to promote integration of knowledge and skills essential for clinical assessment, promotion, and evaluation of fetal well-being during labor.
The AWHONN Intermediate Fetal Monitoring Course is designed for registered nurses, nurse midwives, and physicians who have completed a basic or foundations of FHM course and who use fetal heart monitoring technology in the intrapartum perinatal setting.
On completion of this course, the participant should be able to:
- Assess EFM tracing utilizing NICHD terminology.
- Interpret EFM tracings, analyze uterine activity, and discuss the implications of contractions on fetal well-being.
- Describe clinical interventions and the related maternal-fetal physiology.
- Effectively communicate patient data through verbal and documentation methods.
- Describe roles and responsibilities of health care providers when using FHM in intrapartum care.
- Demonstrate selected fetal monitoring skills.
Iowa Methodist Medical Center/Blank Children’s Hospital – 1200 Pleasant St, Des Moines, IA, 50309
Education Resource Center – park in the ramp and take SE elevators to Level 1
$225 – includes workbook
Registrants are responsible for purchasing or accessing optional course reading, Fetal Heart Monitoring Principles and Practices, 6th Edition.
Continuing Education Credits
- This program has been approved for 11.25 contact hours from AWHONN who is accredited as a provider of continuing education in nursing by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. No partial credit will be awarded. “The Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Accredited status does not imply endorsement by AWHONN or ANCC of any commercial products discussed/displayed in conjunction with the educational activity. AWHONN is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CEP580. AWHONN is the provider of this course and AffinityCE is the joint provider.”
Blank Children’s Hospital reserves the right to cancel the program due to insufficient enrollment or inclement weather. In this event, you will be notified, and your entire registration fee refunded.
Due to the high demand for this course, a processing fee of $30 will be retained for cancellations less than 5 business days prior to the course. Please email Melanie.firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel.
More information or to schedule a course at your facility:
Please contact Melanie Hermann, Perinatal Clinical Nurse Specialist, at (515) 241-5165 or Melanie.email@example.com for more information. Minimum class size required.