Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP®)- New Provider Course
Purpose & Intended Audience
To enable healthcare providers caring for neonates or newborns, such as ambulance personnel, NICU staff, L&D staff, and other health care providers who participate in neonatal emergency care and resuscitation to assess, care for and resuscitate neonatal patients.
- Prior to the class session, each learner must successfully complete the online examination before attending the skills/simulation portion of the NRP course.
- Once these have been completed, then the learner/participant can sign up for one of the scheduled class dates. This must be completed within 90 days of the learner completing the online examination.
- Each participant will be responsible to purchase/obtain their own NRP book and for the expense of the test and class room skills portion.
- All participants must purchase and complete all online requirements prior to attending class at https://www.aap.org/en/learning/neonatal-resuscitation-program/
- If not completed one week prior, you will be dropped from the class and billed a $25 administrative fee.
- At the completion of this program, the participant should have knowledge and skills required to resuscitate newborns
- Be able to work effectively within a team in the resuscitation of a newborns
- Master skills in the use of equipment used in newborn resuscitation
- Participate in Simulated Resuscitation Scenarios, that will pull together each participants role, the use of the equipment from the Integrated Skills Stations, and the knowledge from completion of the online examination
Continuing Education Credit:
No continuing education credit will be awarded for this course.
The American Academy of Pediatrics will issue a card verifying the successful completion of the course. Expiration of the verification will occur two years from the date of issue.
Iowa Methodist Medical Center/Blank Children's Hospital
Education and Research Center (ERC) Sim Lab
1200 Pleasant Street
Des Moines, IA 50309
*To get to the class, park in the ramp and take the southeast elevators to Level 2.
No refunds for cancellations less than 5 business days prior to the course.
Blank Children's Hospital reserves the right to cancel the program due to insufficient enrollment or inclement weather. In this event, you will be notified and your entire registration fee refunded
For questions regarding registration, please contact Lauren Sullivan, Clinical Education Specialist, Maternity Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-241-6885