Health care is always changing, but the need to heal always endures. UnityPoint Health - Des Moines is the health care provider in Central Iowa known for striving to find new ways to provide superior patient care, serving our patients and our community in new and innovative ways. We do our best to give your family and friends the best care we can provide!
Effective April 5, 2022
All patients, including COVID positive, are allowed two (2) visitors at a time. Visiting hours are 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Maternity Services are allowed two (2) visitors plus one (1) designated birthing coach/doula during the
- Outpatient Services, including emergency department patients, are allowed two (2) visitors at a time.
- For pre-procedure patients, visitors can arrive with the patient at their arrival time when it's earlier than
Exceptions may be made for end-of-life or other extenuating circumstances on a case-by-case basis by nursing unit leadership.
- All visitors, including siblings, must be 16 years of age or older and follow masking guidelines.
- Must be free from any signs of illness.
Visitors will be asked to leave if they are NOT willing to comply with these requests.
Effective Monday, May 16, 2022 – Masks Required at Hospitals and Clinics
Due to increases in COVID-19 positivity rates, confirmed cases and high community transmission levels, masks are now required for all patients, visitors and team members in all hospital and clinic locations. These changes are effective Monday, May 16 at all UnityPoint Health – Des Moines locations. This includes all hospitals, hospital outpatient departments, UnityPoint Health Clinics and Eyerly Ball Community Mental Health.
Visitors may include, but are not limited to, a spouse, domestic partner (including a same sex domestic partner), another family member, friend. Visitors can expect fair treatment without any concern for race, color, sex, national origin, age religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or other protected class as defined by federal, state or local law.