Health care is always changing, but the need to heal always endures. Blank Children's Hospital strives to find new ways to provide superior patient care, and offer our patients and our community new and innovative services. We do our best to give your family and friends the best care we can provide.
To help you support and care for your family or friends who are in our care, we have put together some useful information in this section of the website.
Effective April 5, 2022
All patients, including COVID positive, are allowed two (2) visitors at a time. Visiting hours are 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Maternity Services are allowed two (2) visitors plus one (1) designated birthing coach/doula during the
- Outpatient Services, including emergency department patients, are allowed two (2) visitors at a time.
- For pre-procedure patients, visitors can arrive with the patient at their arrival time when it's earlier than
Exceptions may be made for end-of-life or other extenuating circumstances on a case-by-case basis by nursing unit leadership.
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Must check in at the hospital entrance and check out when they leave.
- Must be free from any signs of illness.
Visitors will be asked to leave if they are NOT willing to comply with these requests.
Visitors may include, but are not limited to, a spouse, domestic partner (including a same sex domestic partner), another family member, friend. Visitors can expect fair treatment without any concern for race, color, sex, national origin, age religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or other protected class as defined by federal, state or local law.
Effective Monday, May 16, 2022 – Masks Required at Hospitals and Clinics
Due to increases in COVID-19 positivity rates, confirmed cases and high community transmission levels, masks are now required for all patients, visitors and team members in all hospital and clinic locations. These changes are effective Monday, May 16 at all UnityPoint Health – Des Moines locations. This includes all hospitals, hospital outpatient departments, UnityPoint Health Clinics and Eyerly Ball Community Mental Health.