UnityPoint Health - Meriter - West Washington Clinic
Today's Hours: Closed
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 7:00 AM - 5:15 PM
- Tuesday: 7:00 AM - 5:15 PM
- Wednesday: 7:00 AM - 5:15 PM
- Thursday: 7:00 AM - 5:15 PM
- Friday: 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
Services At This Location
At UnityPoint Health – Meriter, the health and safety of our patients, communities and team members is at the center of everything we do. Whether you are feeling sick or need routine care like a wellness visit or vaccine, our clinics are ready to provide the best care for you and your family.
Good nutrition is one of the basic building blocks of living a healthy life. Too often, we know what we "should" eat, but have a hard time following through on a daily basis. At Meriter, we believe that you can have a healthy diet and eat delicious foods. We also know that only having strict goals is not the best way to lose weight or improve health. Nutrition plans should be well balanced, incorporate safe, healthy guidelines and be specialized according to the wants and needs of the individual.
Our registered dietitians provide medical nutrition therapy for a wide variety of diseases and conditions, including diabetes, cardiovascular disease treatment and prevention, weight management and digestive health.
Medical nutrition therapy focuses on diet and lifestyle changes that can prevent or reduce your health risks. Working together as a team, you and your dietitian will develop a plan tailored to your nutritional and medical needs. Your dietitian will act as your guide down the path to nutritional wellness and improved health and quality of life.
During a meeting with a Registered Dietitian, you can expect to:
- Receive guidance in adopting a healthy eating plan to manage a specific health issue
- Develop a plan and set attainable goals that fit into your lifestyle
- Learn strategies to manage weight, as well as, learn the basics of a healthy diet to promote health and prevent disease
- Address and remove barriers to make it easier to change behaviors
- For many patients, we recommend the Mediterranean Diet Pyramid: Mediterranean Diet Pyramid
Nutrition Counseling Therapy Referral
To refer a patient to Medical Nutrition Therapy, please enter the order into MeriterCare or complete and submit the attached form.
Medical Nutrition Therapy Referral
As you prepare for international travel, UnityPoint Health – Meriter is here for all your Travel Medicine needs at the West Washington Clinic.
Radiology & X-Ray
We are committed to putting patient and staffs' safety first. Radiologists and x-ray technologists are trained and are dedicated to using the minimum amount of radiation necessary to obtain the needed results.
Patients requiring imaging procedures need a referral and order from their physician. Routine studies are scheduled in advance. Emergency procedures are performed as requested. Appointments for outpatient work are necessary and can be made by calling (608) 417-6288.
Our Radiology department is located within UnityPoint Health – Meriter hospital. We also offer medical imaging and x-ray services at the following clinics:
Additional Patient Resources
The HEALTH Program offers these services at locations throughout our community, adhering to the street medicine model that has remained the core of the program. HEALTH provides care to patients where they are, including but not limited to shelters, clinics, and in our community.
HEALTH's focus is on medical care and will work with our community's homeless services agencies to ensure patients are getting the full array of services available to them.
- The Community Resource Specialists and Social Work team works closely with the clinic providers, who send referrals based on psychosocial needs of their patients. This team provides resource linkage, complex care coordination, and connection to community supports as needed based on the patient.
- They operate out of the primary care clinics, the therapies departments, NICU-follow-up and work closely with the Behavioral Health Consultant team.
- This team also helps facilitate Advanced Care Planning and helping patients completed Health Care Power of Attorney documentation.