Patients and Visitors
Welcome to UnityPoint Health - Meriter
Thank you for choosing UnityPoint Health – Meriter. Our healthcare professionals have dedicated their lives to you and your family's good health, and we will make every effort to ensure that your stay is as pleasant as possible. To help support and care for you or your family member or friend who is in our care at one of our many locations, we have put together some useful information on how you can best do so in our facilities.
Masking is REQUIRED in the following areas or situations:
- Most patient rooms and/or exam rooms
- Emergency Room waiting room
- As instructed by your care team when outside the exam room
- If you are experiencing respiratory symptoms, have a cough or cold-like symptoms
- Have had a known COVID-19 exposure in the past 10 days
- Have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 10 days
Masking is recommended (but not required) in the following areas:
- All non-clinical areas of the hospital (hallways, elevators, lobby, cafeteria, gift shop, etc.)
- Center for Perinatal Care
- Adult Psychiatry
Your healthcare team will mask at your request.
Masking is recommended (but not required) in all areas of the facilities, except for the following situations:
Masking is REQUIRED:
- If you are experiencing respiratory symptoms, have a cough or cold-like symptoms
- Have had a known COVID-19 exposure in the past 10 days
- Have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 10 days
- In all areas of the UnityPoint Health – Meriter – Wellness Center
- If you are a rheumatology patient visiting the West Washington or Monona Clinics
Your healthcare team will mask at your request.
Visitor Policies & Guidelines
All visitors will continue to be screened for COVID-19 upon entrance to our facilities. Please consider delaying your visit if you:
- Are experiencing respiratory symptoms, have a cough or cold-like symptoms.
- Have tested positive or had a known COVID-19 exposure in the past 10 days.
Meriter Facilities (Hospital)
Visitors under the age of 16 welcome, when accompanied by an adult.
- Adult Patients (including Surgery, Psychiatry and Procedures) – Two (2) adult visitors at a time, children welcome with an adult.
- Digestive Health Center, Infusion, Medical Imaging, Cath Lab, Same Day Surgery - Two (2) adult visitors at a time, children allowed with an adult.
- Emergency Department Adult Patients - One (1) adult visitor at a time.
- Pediatric Patients (including NICU and Emergency Room) – Two (2) adult visitors at a time.
- Birth & Newborn Services (Triage, Labor and Delivery, Family Center and Perinatal Clinic) – Two (2) adult visitors at a time, no daily limit . Children welcome with an adult. Two (2) adult overnight visitors allowed in NICU, Labor & Delivery. One (1) adult overnight visitor allowed in antepartum or postpartum.
- Center for Perinatal Care Clinic - Two (2) adult visitors at a time, children welcome.
- COVID-19 Positive and/or Patients being Treated for COVID-19 and/or Patients in Isolation Rooms – One adult visitor at a time.
- Patients at End-of-Life (including COVID-19 Positive Patients) – No more than four visitors allowed at any one time, in coordination with nursing team.
- While exceptions are rare, we will work collaboratively with patients to provide reasonable accommodation to support disability-related needs.
- Clergy, doulas, out-of-hospital midwives and interpreters are considered vital parts of our patients' care team and will be permitted in addition to visitors.
Visitors under the age of 16 are welcome, with an adult.
- UnityPoint Health - Meriter Primary & Specialty Care Clinics - No limitations, children welcome.
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry - Please call for visiting hours and guidelines.
- Therapy Clinics - No limitations, children welcome.
- NewStart - No limitations, children welcome.
From your device:
- Find your list of available wireless networks and select "Unity Point Guest wifi" to join.
- Once connected, a page should automatically open in your default browser that says "Public Wireless Service – Terms and Conditions of Use". Please review this and select the "Accept" button at the bottom to complete the connection.
You may need to re-connect to the network and complete the page above if you leave our hospital/clinic location.
Patient has a smartphone or tablet
If your loved one has a smartphone or tablet that has video capability, we encourage video calls. We have free public WiFi available for our patients. Any video chatting application (FaceTime, Facebook, Google Duo, Google Hangouts, Zoom, etc.) can be used on personal devices.
Patient doesn't have smartphone or tablet
If your loved one doesn't have a smartphone or tablet with video capability, we can supply one. We are unable to use many video chatting applications on a Meriter device for security reasons, but we will email you a link to a secure video chat. To request a virtual visit please call 608-417-5270 and leave a message.
What you will need:
- Internet connection
- A working email address for you and anyone else who will join the video call (multiple people can join at once)
- Access to a device (smartphone, tablet, computer) that:
- Has a microphone (most laptops and phone do; some desktop computers don't)
- Can display video
- Has a camera so your loved one can see you, too (not required)
- If you are using an Apple device/Safari browser, you may need to download the Microsoft Teams app. Click this link and follow the directions. If accessing from another device or browser, you may not need to download the app.
What you will do:
- Check your email inbox for an email. The subject line will be: "You have been invited to a virtual visit"
- Click the link ("Click here to join their meeting") in the email. You will not need a username or password to enter the video chat.
- Select "Watch on web instead" if you don't have or want to download the app
- You can sign in to a Microsoft account or choose to "join anonymously"
- Turn on your video (1) and microphone (2) by clicking/tapping the icons. Click/tap "Join now" (3)
Watch a video on how to use Microsoft Teams
- Are you connected to the internet?
- Is your microphone is turned on?
- Is your camera is turned on?
Patient & Visitor Dining
UnityPoint Health – Meriter is proud to offer our patients excellent meals and service, delivering what you want to eat, when you want to eat. Every effort is made to provide a variety of great tasting food served by a professional and courteous staff — from the person who takes your order to the attendant who delivers your tray.
To place an order with a room service representative, please dial 7-8888 from your hospital room telephone. Room service is available 6:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. We have menus to accommodate whatever diet your doctor orders and will assist you in your choices.
If you have special dietary requirements that you would like us to know about prior to your hospital admission, please call (608) 417-6132.
Open daily, the cafeteria offers a variety of freshly prepared entrees served at mealtimes. Premade salads and sandwiches are available throughout the day, along with a wide assortment of beverages and snacks.
Meriter Cafe Menu
- Location: Hospital, Tower, Level 1
- Meal Service: Open daily
- Breakfast: 6:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
- Lunch: 11:15 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Dinner: 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Greenbush Garden Bistro
Fresh lunches and breakfasts, available Monday through Friday, with no indoor seating. Weather permitting, outdoor seating will be available when tables and chairs have been set up on the patio.
Greenbush Garden Bistro Breakfast & Lunch Menu
- Location: Main Lobby, Level 2
- Hours: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Serving breakfast from 8 a.m. - 10 a.m.
- Closed 10 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Serving lunch from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Dr. Joe Coffee Kiosk
Hot and cold espresso drinks, local coffee, smoothies, fresh bakery, grab-n-go soups and sandwiches.
- Location: Hospital, Atrium Lobby, Level 2
- Hours: Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Snacks, sandwiches and beverages, accessible 24 hours/day. Cash and credit card accepted. Located directly below the lobby, accessible by Tower elevators. Exit Level 1, turn right, climb the short flight of stairs, machines are on your right. Vending machines containing snacks and drinks are also available on most patient floors.
At Meriter, we understand how important it is to have your family and friends close to you when you or a loved one is hospitalized or seeking treatment. That is why Meriter offers CaringBridge, an online community of support for people coping with a health issue.
We make it easy to shop and send a special gift to a patient or staff member at UnityPoint Health – Meriter Hospital. We have a unique selection of fresh flowers, baby items and other gifts. Learn more about Gift Shop hours, contact information and available products.
Patient and Family Advisory Council
Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) is a collaboration between UnityPoint Health – Meriter's Patient Experience Partners, employees and community members. This group meets quarterly to share their healthcare experiences and discuss creative solutions that will improve the patient and family healthcare experience. Our goal is to create a healthcare environment that is welcoming, comfortable, safe and easy to navigate for our patients and their loved ones.
Patient Rights & Responsibilities
As a patient, you have the right to voice complaints regarding the quality of care and services you receive, and are assured that a complaint will in no way compromise your access to care. At UnityPoint Health - Meriter, patient representatives are available for any problems, concerns or complaints that hospital patients or their families may have while at Meriter. A representative will work on your behalf to address these issues.
To reach the Patient Representatives, call (608) 417-6462, email email@example.com or fill out the form below.
The patient guide to surgical care booklet was developed to help you prepare for your surgery, to give you an understanding of what will happen while you are a patient, and to provide information to help speed your recovery.
Community Resources Guide
- Authorization for Release of Medical Information
- Athletic Screening Form
- Consent to Communication
- Consent to Communication - Spanish
- Consent for Treatment Form
- Consent for Treatment Form - Spanishhttps://uph-p-001-delivery.sitecorecontenthub.cloud/api/public/content/ee93f6775a704b8e87ef0ff32ec044b2?v=50b902e2
- Financial Notification Consent Form
- Minor Consent Form
Meriter recommends that adults clarify their wishes for medical care before a hospital stay. Wisconsin-specific forms are available through the Wisconsin Department of Health Services website.
Health Information Management Release of InformationTo protect our patients, families and health care workers during the global outbreak of COVID-19, this hospital has implemented vendor and visitor restrictions. With visiting restrictions in effect, UnityPoint Health wants to continue to make sure you have access to your medical records. For more information on how to obtain your medical records please follow these instructions. Thank you for understanding during this critical time.
MyUnityPoint is a secure patient website that allows you to access your health information from hospital stays online. Since MyUnityPoint is web-based, you can log in at any time, any place.
COVID-19 Test Results
After receiving a COVID-19 test at a UnityPoint Health - Meriter location, results will be sent to your MyUnityPoint account. Wait times for results may vary based on testing volume. The quickest way to view your results is to monitor your MyUnityPoint account. Please do not call for test status updates. Our teams are experiencing extremely high patient volumes and may be unable to check on or share individual test results.
Requests for Medical Records
Please print and complete the Authorization for Release of Medical Information form if you wish to share records and/or receive detailed voice messages related to your health information. The form should also be used if you wish to share records with someone for whom you have legal authority (parent of minor, etc.).
Helpful Tips | Completing the Authorization Form:
- In number 2 on the authorization form, you will put "Meriter Hospital or Meriter Clinics." You are authorizing Meriter to release your records.
- In number 3 on the authorization form, you will put where you want your records sent.
- Please make sure all information is complete and legible; this will eliminate delays in your request.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Will I be charged for a copy of my medical records?
A: Yes, there is a charge to obtain a copy of your medical records. Meriter contracts with a third-party company, MRO, to perform our release of information services.
Q: How can I receive my medical records?
A: You have a few options to obtain a copy of your medical records;
- You may visit MyUnityPoint, our secure patient website to access your health information. Information about registering for MyUnityPoint can be found by visiting chart.myunitypoint.org. If you need assistance using or enrolling for MyUnityPoint, please call the support team at 877-224-4430.
- You may also request a copy of your medical record by contacting Meriter's Health Information Management department at (608) 417-6406. If you are a healthcare provider or records are needed today or our next business day, fax your request to (608) 417-6016 or email it to MSN_HIMROI@unitypoint.org. All other requests should be faxed to (877) 676-0484
Q. How can I transfer my medical information to Meriter?
A. There are two options for transferring your medical information to Meriter:
- If you are transferring your care to a Meriter clinic, please contact your current provider to fill out an authorization form. After you fill out the form, please send it back to your current clinic and someone at that clinic will forward the form on to your new provider at Meriter.
- If you are transferring your care to a Meriter clinic, you can fill out the Authorization/Consent for Release of Medical Information from Meriter Hospital and Clinics form that's above to request medical records from your current provider.
**For question number #2 on the form, please provide information about your current primary care physician and clinic.
**For question #3 on the form, please provide information about your new primary care physician at a UnityPoint Health – Meriter clinic.
Q: How long does it take to process my request?
A: Approximately 7-10 business days.
Q: Can a family member or friend sign a consent form for a copy of my medical records?
A: No one except for the person whose name appears on the medical record can sign the consent form. However, if the medical records are for a minor or an adult under the care of a legal guardian, the legal guardian may sign the consent form. If you are the legal guardian, we will need a copy of the guardianship papers along with the authorization form. If you are the Power Of Attorney (POA), we will need a copy of the POA and the activation form (certificate of incapacity statement) along with an authorization for Authorization for Release of Medical Information. This will allow us to process your request in a timely manner.
Q: If I had a procedure performed at another hospital, is that information in my medical records at Meriter?
A: Meriter only has medical records for procedures performed at Meriter hospital and clinics.
Q: What if I do not agree with comments made by a physician on my medical records?
A: You have the right to request an amendment to your medical record. If you would like to do so, please send your request, along with the reasoning to support the request, to:
UnityPoint Health - Meriter
ATTN: Privacy Officer
202 S. Park Street
Madison, WI 53715
Contact the Meriter Privacy Officer at (608) 417-5834 if you have any questions.
The form below has been provided to assist with your request. You are not required to use this form. Meriter only requires that the request be made in writing and sent to the Meriter Privacy Officer.
Q: Can I get a copy of my birth certificate from Meriter?
A: You need to contact the State of Wisconsin Department of Vital Records at (608) 266-1371 for information on how to receive your birth certificate.
Thank you for choosing UnityPoint Health for your care. At the time of admission to one of our affiliated hospitals (other than for emergency care) or when you seek care from some of our outpatient departments, you will be asked to agree to our "Conditions of Admission." By signing this document, you allow UnityPoint Health and its affiliates to provide you with medical care, share your health information and receive payment for the services provided.
The complete text of the UnityPoint Health Conditions of Admission is available below:
Except for emergency services, you are required to sign the Conditions of Admission prior to our providing health care services, so that we are able to conduct our necessary business processes.
If you have questions about making payments or financial assistance, please contact the UnityPoint Health Central Billing Office at (844) 849-1260.
The Affordable Care Act (ACA), also known as "Health Care Reform," requires most American citizens to have health insurance. Understanding your health insurance options, getting the right coverage and properly enrolling, through the Health Insurance Marketplace, can be difficult. We can help.
UnityPoint Health is committed to your health and the health of your family and community. Our Certified Application Counselors on staff can help you understand your health insurance options and make sure you are properly enrolled for the right health coverage at no cost to you.
Schedule a Free, Confidential Meeting Today!
Just call 608-417-5035 to make an appointment.
Are you in need of affordable healthcare?
Let our Certified Application Counselors help you find a plan that meets your needs.
UnityPoint Health is offering FREE assistance with enrollment in the Health Insurance Marketplace. The Health Insurance Marketplace is a new way to find coverage that fits your budget and meets your needs. Whether you're uninsured, or just want to explore your choices, you can find coverage that's right for you.
Our Federal and State-certified Counselors can help you:
- Understand the Marketplace's insurance options
- Determine coverage differences (bronze, silver, gold, or platinum plans)
- Determine whether you are eligible for Medicaid
- Help you research plans that best meets your needs and budget
- Determine your eligibility for financial assistance to help pay for insurance
- Complete and submit your application
It's important that you receive the care you need, when you need it. At UnityPoint Health, It's now easier than ever to schedule an appointment through our website or your MyUnityPoint account. Whether you are a current or new patient, we look forward to seeing you soon!
If you have a medical Emergency, please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room immediately.
When you schedule an appointment through our online scheduling tool, you'll have the option to select one of the following visit types:
Standard Office Visit
Choose this visit type if you have 1 or 2 health concerns to talk to your provider about such as a sore throat, cough, headache, muscle pain, or urinary tract infection.
- Extended Office Visit
Choose this visit type if you have multiple or more complex health concerns to talk to your providers about such as abdominal pain, multiple medication management, and/or depression/anxiety.
- New Patient Visit
Choose this visit type if this is your first time visiting the provider or the clinic location.
- Well Child Visit
Choose this visit type for regular check-ups and/or immunizations for children and teenagers.
- Virtual Visit
Choose this visit type if you'd prefer a secure video session with your provider. With this option, you can stay home and get the care you need virtually. *This visit type is only available for existing patients.
- Physical Visit
Choose this visit type if you need a back-to-school, sports or wellness physical exam.
UnityPoint Health – Meriter focuses on caring for the whole person - body, mind and spirit. In this framework, the Department of Spiritual Care focuses on the spiritual and emotional care of people at Meriter hospital. If you, a family member or a friend are in need of spiritual assistance or emotional support while at the hospital, please feel free to use the following services:
24/7 In-house Chaplain Presence
Anyone can ask for a chaplain, regardless of religious or non-religious beliefs. Our chaplains are available within the hospital to provide emotional and spiritual support to the patients and families of UnityPoint Health – Meriter.
Patients and loved ones may ask for a chaplain visit to:
- Have someone to listen
- Find coping skills and relaxation techniques for stress
- Have support in times of sadness, grief, or hopelessness
- Explore topics like illness, change, and purpose more deeply
- Ask for blessings, prayer, or other spiritual requests
- Connect with spiritual caregivers in the community
To request assistance or a visit from one of our chaplains, call (608) 417-6480 or ask a care team member to request the chaplain on call.
Our chaplains link with community resources and spiritual caregivers to facilitate timely and appropriate spiritual care. We are pleased that many community members provide emotional and spiritual care at UnityPoint Health – Meriter hospital. They are an integral part of our support team.
Other Spiritual Services
Code Lavender is a holistic care rapid-response program to help staff in need of a calming influence after a stressful situation, such as a difficult diagnosis or the loss of a patient. A multi-disciplinary team of facilitators are trained to lead group processing sessions or meet for individual support of our caregivers.
"Whole Persons in Whole Communities"
Who We Are
The Association of Spiritual Caregivers is a professional association affiliated with UnityPoint Health - Meriter Hospital in Madison, WI. The ASC provides members with opportunities for networking and continuing education. Membership is open to any person, lay or professional, who provides spiritual care to others in a definable capacity. Current members include hospital chaplains, chaplains of correctional facilities, clergy, lay church staff, and more.
The mission of the ASC is to provide the highest possible quality of spiritual care in the healing ministries of UnityPoint Health – Meriter; to provide opportunities for area clergy, chaplains, spiritual leaders, and others to grow in their knowledge and understanding in regard to issues of health and healing; and to assist community organizations in their efforts to be centers of healing. It is the ASC's belief that true healing takes place within the broadest contexts of life, in which the whole person is viewed in relationship to self, family, community, environment, and the Divine.
How to Join the ASC
If you would like to join the ASC, please fill out the application that's below and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review your application and notify you of your acceptance. If you have any questions, please call (608) 417-6480.
Special rates may be available for Meriter patients. Rates may be subjected to change based upon availability, area events and time of year. Tell reservations that you are a Meriter patient to inquire about any discounts.
|Area||Hotel Name||Phone Number||Address||City, State, Zip||Shuttle||Complementary Breakfast|
|Central||Best Western Inntowner||608-233-8778||2424 University Ave.||Madison, WI 53726||Yes||Yes|
|Central||Hilton Garden Inn (.5 miles from Hospital)||608-251-9588||770 Regent St.||Madison, WI 53715||No||No|
|Central||Clarion||608-284-1234||2110 Rimrock Rd.||Madison, WI 53713||Yes||Yes|
|Central||Comfort Inn||608-255-7400||722 John Nolen Dr.||Madison, WI 53703||No||Yes|
|Central||Hawthorne Suites by Wyndham||608-514-1329||5421 Caddis Bend||Fitchburg, WI 53711||No||Yes|
|South||Wyndham Garden Suites||608-274-7200||2969 Cahill Main||Fitchburg, WI 53711||Yes||No|
|Central||Holiday Inn Express & Suites||608-709-5050||610 John Nolen Dr.||Madison, WI 53713||Yes||Yes|
|West||AmericInn||608-662-1990||516 Grand Canyon Dr.||Madison, WI 53719||Yes||Yes|
|South||Candlewood||608-833-1400||5421 Caddis Bend||Fitchburg, WI 53711||Yes||Yes|
|West||Extended Stay America||608-833-1400||55 Junction Ct.||Madison, WI 53717||No||Yes|
|West||Extended Stay Deluxe||608-833-2121||45 Junction Ct.||Madison, WI 53717||No||Yes|
|Central||Double Tree||608-251-5511||525 W. Johnson St.||Madison, WI 53703||Yes||No|
|Central||Super 8||608-258-8882||1602 W. Beltline Hwy.||Madison, WI 53713||No||Yes|
|South||Staybridge Suites||608-616-5664||2916 HardRock Road||Fitchburg, WI 53719||Yes||Yes|
|East||Sleep Inn & Suites||608-221-8100||4802 Tradewinds Pkwy||Madison, WI 53718||No||Yes|
|Central||Hampton Inn & Suites||608-255-0360||440 W. Johnson St.||Madison, WI 53703||No||Yes|
|West||Courtyard West Madison||608-203-0100||2266 Deming Way||Middleton, WI 53562||No||No|