Welcome to our Toddler Program!
In our Toddler programs and in celebration of children, we honor the importance of play during these early learning years of a child's life.
We believe in caring for the development of the whole child
- Celebrating each child's unique sense of self
We nurture each child with individual, loving attention. We teach the skills and model the respect that fosters a sense of belonging in our "community" of classroom groups. Each day we present a variety of learning activities that are designed to meet the developmental needs of each age group, and to inspire joyful learning, at a child's pace, in many domains. We recognize that children come to us with varied skills, abilities and talents. We develop strategies to support each child in growing and learning to their full potential.
Curriculum and Classroom Schedule:
Lesson plans activities will be geared to each child's developmental level. Opportunities for music, movement and laughter, motor skills challenges, storytelling and quiet moments will be part of the everyday routine. We will also be introducing art materials and sensory. Opportunities for outdoor play, walks, and buggy rides in the neighborhood will be daily (weather permitting).
Teachers support positive interaction with the children and guide them through this process. The children are offered choices and are redirected if the need arises. Teachers acknowledge feelings; encourage sharing and problem-solving.
What to Bring?
What to bring for Cubbies:
Each child will have a cubby to keep his/her belongings in you will need to bring the following items to the center:
- Diapers (disposable or cloth and wraps), and please check them often to ensure adequate supply.
- Any topical ointments, powders, etc., for your child's diapering. You will need to sign a medical authorization sheet for these items.
- Blanket and Crib sheets for the cot. Please write your child's name on both of them.
- Extra clothes to have on hand are pants, socks, t-shirts, underwear, etc. Please bring at least two changes of clothing. Check periodically for clothes that don't fit or are inappropriate for the weather. Including shoes
- Hats, jackets, etc. We like to spend time outside when weather permits, so please bring appropriate clothing.
If your child is over six months of age, please bring in bug spray. You will need to sign a medical authorization sheet.