UnityPoint Health - Meriter - Monona Clinic
Number of patients waiting reflects the current number of patients waiting to be seen. This number changes frequently and is not exact.
Hours & Directions
Our UnityPoint Health - Meriter - Monona Clinic medical campus provides patient-centered, comprehensive care in one location. Meriter physicians are here to help heal those who get sick or hurt, but their primary goal is to help people stay healthy and prevent disease.
Mammography ServicesMammography saves lives, call the Monona Clinic to schedule your screening mammogram today at (608) 417-6288.
Bone density scans are also available at the Monona Clinic, so you can save time by scheduling your mammogram and bone density scan during the same visit.
Mammography is currently the most effective way to look for breast cancer. It may reveal breast problems before they can be felt by you or your doctor.
We now offer both 2D and 3D mammograms. Our new Genius™ 3D Mammography™ technology works by imaging multiple slices of the breast from several angles. Then, a computer produces 3D images of the breast tissue in one millimeter slices. The radiologist reviews the slices one at a time, much like turning the pages of a book. This enables them to see more clearly into the layers of the breast tissue. With 3D mammograms the radiologist is able to see through the layers of breast tissue which may make the evaluation more accurate.
- If possible, have a physical exam (including a breast examination) from your health care provider prior to your mammogram.
- Schedule your mammogram when your breasts are the least tender. If you are menstruating, that will be one week after your period.
- Wear a separate top and bottom so that it will be easier and more comfortable to disrobe from your waist up.
- Do not wear deodorant, talcum powder, ointment or lotion on your breasts or underarm area.
- Be able to share where and when you have had prior mammograms so we can obtain them prior to your appointment.
RadiologyThe Radiology department at UnityPoint Health – Meriter provides diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to assist in patient care.
We are committed to putting patient and staffs' safety first. Radiologists and x-ray technologists are trained and are dedicated to using the minimum amount of radiation necessary to obtain the needed results.
Patients requiring imaging procedures need a referral and order from their physician. Routine studies are scheduled in advance. Emergency procedures are performed as requested. Appointments for outpatient work are necessary and can be made by calling (608) 417-6288.
Our Radiology department first reached this status in 2007 and re-accredited in 2010. Computer Tomography (CT) achieved accreditation in 2010. Molecular Medicine & PET/CT were accredited in 2011.
UnityPoint Health – Meriter hospital is the first hospital in Madison to be awarded ACR accreditation.
MRIs use strong magnets, so please remove any metal jewelry, watches, coins, hairpins or piercings. Talk to your care team about any metallic devices in your body, like pacemakers or cochlear implants. No other advance preparation is typically needed, unless noted by your care team. Our thing is healthcare, but you know you best, so let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Our experienced team will help you through the process.
Please check in for your appointment in the 3 Tower registration area. Volunteers at the welcome desk can help guide you.
Additional Patient Resources
The HEALTH Program offers these services at locations throughout our community, adhering to the street medicine model that has remained the core of the program. HEALTH provides care to patients where they are, including but not limited to shelters, clinics, and in our community.
HEALTH's focus is on medical care and will work with our community's homeless services agencies to ensure patients are getting the full array of services available to them.
- The Community Resource Specialists and Social Work team works closely with the clinic providers, who send referrals based on psychosocial needs of their patients. This team provides resource linkage, complex care coordination, and connection to community supports as needed based on the patient.
- They operate out of the primary care clinics, the therapies departments, NICU-follow-up and work closely with the Behavioral Health Consultant team.
- This team also helps facilitate Advanced Care Planning and helping patients completed Health Care Power of Attorney documentation.