Purpose & Intended Audience
To enable maternity services nursing staff to apply knowledge of evidence-based practice to provide family-centered care during the antepartum and intrapartum periods.
At the completion of this program, the participant should be able to:
- Discuss the incidence, risk factors, signs and symptoms, and treatment of VTE, deep vein thrombosis, and pulmonary embolus during pregnancy.
- Describe the prevalence, epidemiology , and comorbidity associated with obesity in pregnancy.
- Describe the appropriate assessment and care of the obese woman in labor and delivery.
- Describe the essential elements of care for the pregnant woman following bariatric surgery.
- Differentiate the types of diabetes and their risk factors and management in pregnancy.
- Identify the most common thyroid disorders and their impact on pregnancy.
- Describe the moist common gastrointestinal disorders and their impact on pregnancy.
Continuing Education Credits
This program has been approved for 0.42 CEUs by the Iowa Board of Nursing Provider #31, UnityPoint Health - Des Moines. No partial credit will be awarded.
UnityPoint Health - Des Moines, Blank Children's Hospital/IMMC Campus
ERC Classroom 3, G Level ERC
1200 Pleasant Street
Des Moines, IA 50309
Blank Children's Hospital reserves the right to cancel the program due to insufficient enrollment or inclement weather. In this event, you will be notified and your entire registration fee refunded.
A processing fee of $30 will be retained for cancellations less than 5 business days prior to the course.
Sarah Copple, BSN, RNC-MNN at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-343-1552