Children In the Middle classes deal with the full range of issues that put children in the middle of parental separation. Parents of minor children and adult children in the legal process of custody are required to take the class. The participation in the class includes parents divorcing, separating (never married), still living in the same house, involved in short term relationships, adoption or foster care in some cases, modifying an existing final court decree and other partnership arrangements. The class is taught from the child perspective. This class meets the legal and court requirements for divorce and separation cases.
Class Time: 4 hours for ALL classes. Start times will vary so please note start time when you register.
The class is also open to significant others, step-parents, grandparents and teenagers (13-18 years old if appropriate).
You will receive the following:
- Certificate verifying your attendance.
- Booklet written by the Center for Divorce Education in Athens, Ohio - updated.
- Interactive class that aims to trouble shoot specific issues in your case if you have questions you want to address in class.
- Packet of handout material dealing with new relationships, age specific child issues, resource list, facts, and data about divorce and remarriage and more.
- Opportunity to discuss issues with the instructor during, after and follow up calls and visits.
- Instructor with 23 years of experience teaching the class and 30 plus years of experience in the court system and social services with Masters level education in psychology.
- Discussion of legal issues from the mental health and child centered perspective.
Please pay attention to the following instructions:
- Certificate will be given when class is completed and payment is made in full.
- Please bring your case number with you to class.
- Cost: $55 per person for those required to take the class and receive a certificate. This can include significant other IF the court requires them to attend and receive a certificate.
- Cost: $30 for significant others NOT required to attend and NOT receiving a certificate.
- Cost: $30 for those receiving financial assistance and bringing proof of assistance
- Payment at time of class will be accepted in form of cash, money order, credit card, debit card. Use of credit card or debit card can be done at the ATM machine at MWH on the 1st Floor. Note: NO PERSONAL CHECKS ACCEPTED. NO ONLINE PAYMENTS ALLOWED. Payment will be collected when you come to class.
- No child care available.
Any questions about the class, payment, registration, financial assistance call (515) 241-2300, option # 1.