- All patients have the right to choose who may visit them during their inpatient stay. Trinity Medical Center does not deny visitation privileges on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.
- The visitor may be a family member, spouse, domestic partner, same-sex partner, friend, the patient's surrogate decision-maker or legally authorized representative or other individual whom the patient may choose to have present with them for emotional support during the course of stay, unless the individual's presence infringes on others' rights, safety, or if it is medically or therapeutically contraindicated.
- All patients have the right to withdraw consent to visitation at any time. The medical center reserves the right to ask any visitor to leave whose conduct is detrimental to the welfare of our patients.
- All visitors are expected to cooperate in helping us maintain a quiet and orderly atmosphere conducive to optimum patient care. Please observe any unit specific "Quiet Times" and any other specific restrictions which are posted on each unit.
- It is recommended that visitors be limited to two per patient at any one time. Visitors must be at least 12 years old and should be free of infectious disease. Children must be accompanied and supervised by a responsible adult. Special arrangements may be made for children less than 12 years of age in certain circumstances.
- Family members who wish to stay overnight in the patients room may do so with the permission of the patient and if in compliance with the medical plan of care.
- For assistance or special arrangements, speak to a staff member. For additional assistance, request to speak with the Manager, Patient Care Supervisor or the Director.
- Open visitation is between 5 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
UnityPoint Health - Trinity is committed to providing healthier environments for patients, associates and visitors. To better support this commitment, all Trinity property became tobacco-free on May 1, 2006.
The new tobacco-free policy implemented by Trinity will prohibit tobacco use inside any hospital, clinic or physician office or any other owned or leased facility. This new policy applies to inside of buildings as well as outside, including sidewalks, parking lots, parking ramps and inside of private vehicles. There are no exemptions to the policy and therefore includes associates, visitors, physicians, patients, students, volunteers, contractors and vendors.
We have known for years that the number one action people can take to improve their health and increase life expectancy is to stop using tobacco products. As a health care organization, whose mission includes improving the overall health of the communities we serve, we believe it is important for our organizations to take a strong stand on this issue.
Each year, more than 450,000 people die prematurely from tobacco-related diseases. Tobacco use is the number one cause of preventable death and disease in the United States.
Collecting and Using Personal Information
Welcome to Trinity's website. We appreciate your interest in us! When you visit and navigate our sites and when you communicate with us via our website, we will not collect personal information about you unless you provide us that information voluntarily. If you provide personal information to us voluntarily via our website, we will not sell, license or transmit that information outside of Trinity and affiliated vendors/contractors who are involved in administering or providing services for fulfillment of your specific information requests (newsletters and e-health information). We will disclose information in compliance with applicable laws and regulations and will require recipients to protect the information and use it only for the purpose provided.
By "personal information," we mean data that is unique to an individual, such as a name, address, social security number or telephone number. We may request personal information from you at our site in order to deliver requested materials to you, respond to your questions or deliver a product or service.