Presented by a registered nurse, this one-hour session will teach participants about prediabetes, a condition that affects 1 in 3 people, and what steps can be taken to prevent it from developing into type 2 diabetes.
The session will cover:
- Determining your individual risk for prediabetes
- How diabetes affects the body
- Complications of diabetes
- Screening tests
- How to reduce your risk (exercise, nutrition and stress management)
- Where to find more information and resources
Handouts on the topic and a small gift will be available for participants at the end of the session.
This program will be held at the Meriter Business Center and is being offered in partnership with the Wisconsin Women's Health Foundation.
There is no charge for this program, but advanced registration is required.
To cancel your registration, please contact the Women’s Health Education Department at