In this group, led by Meriter health psychologist Shelly Komondoros, PhD, you will learn how to recognize the sources of stress in your life, make health-related behavior changes and better manage stress-related symptoms and illnesses.
The goal of Mind Body Medicine is to help you feel better and gain greater control of your health. In a safe and supportive group environment, you will learn how to:
This nine-week group is intended for anyone who:
- appreciate the mind-body connection
- understand the stress-symptom cycle
- implement healthy lifestyle practices
- incorporate relaxation techniques into daily life
- change unhelpful thinking patterns
- cultivate healing beliefs
- improve communication
- strengthen social support networks
- is interested in improving their health and reducing stress
- has medical problems triggered by or complicated by stress
- is interested in developing self-care skills to complement their medical treatment
Schedule & Location
The group will meet once a week for nine weeks on Wednesdays from 3–5 p.m. at UnityPoint Health - Meriter Hospital. You must obtain a physician referral and will need an individual screening appointment with the health psychologist prior to enrollment.
March 29 - May 24
June 7 - August 2
August 16 - October 11
Many insurance plans will cover the cost of the group. Please provide our clinic with your updated insurance
information and we will assist with verifying your benefits.
For more information or to schedule your initial screening appointment, please call (608) 417-2090.