Three classes are available in this educational series focusing on the complex obstetric patient.
3. Postpartum Physiology and Complications
- Trauma-informed care of the postpartum patient including assessment, attachment, and complications
- Postpartum hemorrhage
- Thromboembolic events
- Postpartum mood disorders
- Pain management of opioid addicted mothers
- Sudden unexpected postnatal collapse
- Cardiac disease, Peripartum cardiomyopathy
- Pregnancy-associated stroke
- Detecting patient instability
- Maternal early warning signs (MEWS)
- Postpartum PTSD, Updated discharge teaching
Simulations: Postpartum hemorrhage, newborn emergency, & breastfeeding management
Participants may take 1, 2 or all 3 classes based on their professional needs. Classes are held at the Center for Healthcare Education and Simulation (CHES), 3001 W. Beltline Highway, Suite 305 Madison 53713.
Applicants who cancel less than 7 days prior to class or fail to attend at all, may not be eligible for a refund or for credit on a future training date.
Please call the Mother/Baby Care Administration office at 608.417.7491 (M-F) daytime hours or e-mail email@example.com with any questions you have or if you need to reschedule/cancel.
2019 Class Dates
2020 Class Dates
- February 12
- April 29
- July 1
- August 17
- October 7
- December 9