Tours of our Birthing Center are led by a staff member of the Meriter Women's Health Education Department on various Saturdays and Sundays and take approximately 45 minutes. Please arrive at least 10 minutes early to ensure you are present for the beginning of your scheduled tour, as tours begin promptly.The family tour is intended for expectant parents who would like to view the Birthing Center with their younger children. You will see the Birthing Center, a birthing suite and a post-partum room. While tours are not for medical questions and answers, your leaders offer helpful information related to your hospital stay.
Additional Tour Information
- In order to attend a tour, advanced registration is absolutely required. You must include each person who will be attending the tour with you when registering.
- Please bring one of your child's dolls or stuffed animals for their use during our 'how to hold baby' practice.
- Once a tour is full, we are unable to add additional attendees, as there is limited space available. If you receive the message about "exceeding the limit", we ask that you register for a different date/time.
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes early, as tours begin promptly. Follow the tour signage to the Perinatal Clinic reception area.
- If you are interested in a tour accompanied by a Spanish interpreter, please see our Servicios en Español.
Please complete your registration online by clicking one of the "Register Now" buttons above.
If you have further questions or need to cancel your registration, please call the Women's Health Education Department at (608)417-8446.
Take a Virtual Tour of Wisconsin's Largest Birthing Center: