Preventing the Spread of Disease
UnityPoint Health – Grinnell Regional Medical Center promotes wellness and encourages all residents to avoid becoming ill or spreading illness. Here are a few tips to help reduce your risk of sharing an illness.
- We ask visitors for their help in protecting patients and staff by not visiting inpatients in the hospital when they have a sore throat, cough, fever or are generally feeling unwell.
- When you cough or sneeze, cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or your sleeve (if you do not have a tissue). Throw used tissues in a trash can.
- After you cough or sneeze, wash your hands with soap and water, or use an alcohol-based hand gel.
- Receive annual flu vaccinations.
- Follow good wellness practices such as getting plenty of rest, drinking fluids, eating healthy and exercising.
- Do not share personal items such as utensils, drinks or straws.
- If you are ill with a respiratory illness (coughing and sneezing), stay home from work or school so you don't make others sick.
- Avoid close contact with others who are coughing or appear to be ill.
For more information, visit the CDC website.