Masking Guidelines | Visitor Restrictions
UnityPoint Health - Dubuque has updated its masking guidelines as of January 16, 2023. Based on state data, the Dubuque region is currently experiencing Substantial transmission levels and masks are required when visitors are in a patient’s room, are experiencing respiratory symptoms, have had a known COVID-19 exposure in the past 10 days, or have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 10 days. Masking is strongly recommended in all other locations when in group settings.
- Masking is required in the Family Birthing Suites and Integrated Cancer Center.
Effective November 11, UnityPoint Health - Dubuque is allowing limited patient visitation. For the safety of our patients and staff, we are instituting the following visitation procedures.
As a way to keep our patients and team members safe at UnityPoint Health - Finley Hospital, we are not allowing any visitors into the facility who have had a positive COVID-19 test or exposure 10 days prior to their visit. We do offer virtual visits in our patient care units for those who would like to visit their loved ones. These can be arranged by contacting the unit you would like to visit.
- Inpatients (ARU, 4 Med/Surg, 5 Med/Surg, ICU) are allowed four visitors per day (no more than 2 at a time) from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Family Birthing Suites families are allowed four visitors per day (no more than 2 at a time) from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. The unit does observe Quiet Hour from 1 to 2 p.m., so visitors should refrain from visiting during this time.
- Visitors with symptoms, such as loss of taste or smell, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever or chills, sore throat, body aches, nausea, vomiting, and/or diarrhea, should not enter the facility.
- Visitors may come and go during visiting hours, but only the same visitors may return after leaving.
- No visitors under the age of 18 will be allowed, except for end-of-life situations.
- Visitors are allowed only in patient rooms, designated waiting areas, cafeteria, gift shop, or restrooms.
- The cafeteria and vending areas are open to visitors to purchase food; however, the cafeteria does not accept cash payments. Visitors can eat in the dining area, as long as physical distancing is maintained. Visitors can also order room service by credit card only.
Area Specific Guidelines
- Family Birthing Suites: 4 people per family per day, with no more than 2 at a time, which is in addition to the support person, who is able to stay for the entire hospital stay. This visitor guideline also applies for babies in the NICU.
- Emergency Department: 2 visitors; if the patient is admitted, the inpatient visitor policy applies.
- Outpatient Areas, including radiology & laboratory: 2 visitors
- End of Life Patients: 2 visitors
- Surgery Services: 2 visitors, who will be asked to wait in patient's room or directed to a waiting area; if the patient is admitted, the inpatient visitor policy applies
- Behavioral Health: 2 visitors per day for 30 minutes during the unit's visiting hours of 12:30 to 2 p.m. and 5:30 to 7 p.m.
- Patients 17 years and younger: 2 parents/guardians, who must remain with them for the entire visit
- Caregivers: A caregiver is permitted to stay with a patient 24 hours a day, if deemed necessary for patient care.
- COVID-19 Positive Patients: 1 visitor; visitors for COVID-19+ patients must always adhere to PPE guidelines
- Chaplain/Clergy: May visit patients and are in addition to the patient's daily visitors
Visitor restrictions are in place at UnityPoint Health - Finley Hospital to keep our patients and staff safe.