Urgent Care Hours, COVID-19 Vaccine and Visitor Policy Updates
Urgent Care Hours
Throughout the week of May 10th, UnityPoint Clinic Urgent Care locations will have adjusted hours. UnityPoint Clinic Urgent Care - East is located at 1550 University Ave. and UnityPoint Clinic Urgent Care - West is located at 2255 JFK Rd.
- Tuesday, May 11th: Urgent Care - East will close at 4 p.m. Urgent Care - West will be open until 8 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 12th AND Thursday, May 13th: Urgent Care - East will be closed. Urgent Care - West will be open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
We appreciate your understanding and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
COVID-19 Vaccine Update
- Call (563) 589-2537 to schedule an appointment for this week.
- Anyone age 16 and over can walk in to receive a vaccine at the Dubuque County Vaccine POD located in the former Younker's store in Kennedy Mall on these dates:
- Tuesday, May 11 from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Thursday, May 13 from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- A new, easier on-line scheduling option is now available.
Check it out here!
If you have questions about receiving the COVID-19 vaccine, visit our website to review Frequently Asked Questions as well as check out the Pfizer and Moderna Vaccine Fact Sheets from the FDA.
Dubuque County SleevesUp! Call Center is available to assist with vaccine appointment scheduling by calling (563) 690-MAKE (6253).
In the meantime, we encourage everyone, including those who have received the vaccine, to wear a face covering, social distance and wash your hands frequently in order to stop the spread of COVID-19.
Learn about the COVID-19 vaccine from fact-based sources, such as the FDA and CDC. Please contact your health care provider if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
For more COVID-19 vaccine information, click here.
Visitor Restrictions Update
Effective Monday, March 15th, UnityPoint Health - Dubuque will allow limited patient visitation. For the safety of our patients and staff, we are instituting the following visitation procedures.
- Patients will be allowed one visitor per day. Visitors will be screened upon arrival. After leaving the hospital, the visitor may return the next day.
- Any visitors with fever or signs of respiratory illness such as fever, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath will not be allowed to enter the facility.
- Visiting hours will be 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- No visitors under age 18 will be allowed.
- Visitors are allowed only in patient rooms, designated waiting areas or restrooms.
- The cafeteria will be open for visitors. The cafeteria does not accept cash payments. Visitors can order a tray through room service to be delivered to the patient room. Payment by credit card is required for this service.
- All visitors are required to wear a mask for their entire visit.
- Please perform hand hygiene when entering and exiting a room. Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer when washing hands is not an option.
- Visitors will not be allowed if they have had COVID-19 in the past 10 days or have a pending COVID-19 test.
- COVID-19+ patients may be allowed visitors on a case by case basis. Approval is determined by the inpatient department. Visitors must adhere to PPE guidelines at all times.