Visitor Restrictions Now in Place
With COVID-19 cases increasing in Eastern Iowa and Dubuque County, UnityPoint Health - Dubuque is returning to restricted visitors at Finley Hospital. Effective 6 p.m. on Thursday, July 2, no visitors will be allowed with few exceptions.
All patients and visitors will be screened at the valet and emergency entrances and have their temperature taken.
The decision to restrict visitors was difficult and made only after careful consideration of increasing numbers of asymptomatic positive COVID-19 cases in the county.
We recognize that there are times when having a visitor or family member present is crucial. In these cases, visitors will be allowed based on the exceptions listed below.
- Obstetric patients may have one support person.
- Nursery and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) patients may have one birth parent plus one significant other who must remain in the room for the duration of the visit.
- Patients who are at the end-of-life may have two visitors.
- Patients with disruptive behavior, where a family member is key to their care, may have one visitor.
- Patients who have altered mental status or developmental delays (where caregiver provides safety) may have one visitor.
- Minors under the age of 18 may have one visitor, parent or guardian.
- Patients undergoing surgery or procedures may have one visitor who must leave the hospital as soon as possible after the procedure/surgery.
- Patients who have an appointment at a hospital-based clinic, laboratory, or radiology, as well as those visiting the Emergency Room (ER) may have one person with them only as necessary for patient care.
Visitors allowed must stay in the patient room and wear a mask the entire time of their visit. Once the visitor leaves the patient room, they must leave the hospital. Please note that visitors will not be allowed for patients with a pending or positive COVID-19 test.
In all cases, a visitor will only be allowed if they do not have symptoms of respiratory infection (fever, runny nose, cough, shortness of breath). Additionally, children under the age of 18 will not be allowed except under extraordinary circumstances.
We appreciate your understanding during these uncertain times. Our goal is to protect our patients, staff and the community.