Find out more about UnityPoint Health information and resources regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19):
Urgent Care - East Hours
Today, March 31st, UnityPoint Clinic Urgent Care - East, located at 1550 University Ave., will be closed from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
UnityPoint Clinic Urgent Care - West is open until 8 p.m. and is located at 2255 JFK Rd. in Dubuque.
Updated Visitor Restrictions Now in Place
In its ongoing effort to keep patients safe during the global outbreak of COVID-19 and continued widespread seasonal influenza activity, UnityPoint Health - Dubuque is closing select entrances to better conduct screening of incoming patients and visitors.
Effective Monday, March 16, non-emergent patients and visitors are asked to enter Finley Hospital through the valet entrance located on Delhi Street. The entrance between Delhi Medical Building and Finley Hospital will be closed to the public. Patient needing emergency care should enter through the emergency department entrance located on Grandview Ave.
All patients and visitors will be screened at the valet and emergency entrances and have their temperature taken.
The decision to restrict visitors was difficult and made only after careful consideration as we witness schools, churches and other venues restrict gatherings to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
We recognize that there are times when having a visitor or family member present is crucial. In these cases, visitors will be allowed based on the exceptions listed below.
Please note in all cases a visitor will only be allowed if they do not have symptoms of respiratory infection (fever, runny nose, cough, shortness of breath). Additionally, children under the age of 18 will not be allowed except under extraordinary circumstances.
• Obstetric patients may have one support person.
• Nursery and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) patients may have one birth parent plus one significant other who must remain in the room for the duration of the visit.
• Patients who are at the end-of-life may have two visitors.
• Patients with disruptive behavior, where a family member is key to their care, may have one visitor.
• Patients who have altered mental status or developmental delays (where caregiver provides safety) may have one visitor.
• Minors under the age of 18 may have one visitor, parent, or guardian.
• Patients undergoing surgery or procedures may have one visitor who must leave the hospital as soon as possible after the procedure/surgery.
• Patients who have an appointment at a hospital-based clinic, laboratory, or radiology, as well as those visiting the Emergency Room (ER), may have one person with them only as necessary for patient care.
Visitors allowed must stay in the patients room the entire time of the visit. Once the visitor leaves the patient room, they must leave the hospital. Please note that visitors will not be allowed for patients with a pending or positive COVID-19 test.
We appreciate your understanding during these uncertain times. Our goal is to protect our patients, staff and the community.
For more ways to protect against the spread of COVID-19 and seasonal influenza, and for the latest updates and guidance in this rapidly evolving situation, please visit the websites of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at www.cdc.gov or Iowa Department of Public Health at www.idph.gov.
For questions regarding COVID-19, please contact the Dubuque County Health Department at (563) 557-7396 or the Iowa Department of Public Health at 2-1-1.
Below is a list of classes, meetings and events across UnityPoint Health - Dubuque that have been cancelled and/or postponed at this time.
- Breastfeeding Classes (through April)
- Breastfeeding Support Groups (through April)
- Finley Stroke and Brain Injury Support Group
- All Day Childbirth Education (4/18)
- Childbirth Education 4-Week Course (through April)
- Finley Family Birthing Suites Tours (through April)
- Siblings Class (through April)
- Grandparents Class (through April)
- Amputee Support Group
- Cancer Journey Support Group
- Diabetes Support Group
- Fourth Annual Therapy Conference (4/18-19)
- March of Dimes Bake Sale, Vendor Fair, Silent Auction (4/10)
- Miracles on the Mississippi Gala (5/2): Postponed to Friday, August 14th