Iowa Methodist Maternity Center
At Iowa Methodist our experienced nursing staff works closely with the physicians and midwives to provide you with the high quality and personalized care you and your family deserve. Our recently renovated birthing suites are designed with the complete comfort and safety of mother and baby in mind. Our mothers will spend their entire stay in one room, each equipped with the latest medical technology and many comforts from home. Our beautiful waiting area includes a play center for children, televisions and comfortable seating. Our beautiful suites offer many comforts for new moms, including:
- Flat screen televisions
- Whirlpool tubs
- Pull-out couches for family and friends
- Convenient room service, offering a wide variety of menu selections
In addition to our spacious rooms and outstanding staff, Iowa Methodist Maternity Center houses two state-of-the-art surgical suites. Our secure newborn nursery is staffed 24/7. We offer an OB Hospitalist Program with 24/7 OB physician coverage to respond to OB emergencies, care for patients until their own provider arrives and to care for patients who do not have a health care provider. Learn more about our OB Hospitalist Program.
If your baby would require more advanced care, Blank Children's Hospital is located right next door to the Maternity Center with a walk-way directly to the Blank Level IIIB NICU. Blank physicians and staff are readily available to provide any assistance if that need should arise.
Providers Delivering at Iowa Methodist
Be sure to ask your health care provider if there are any specific arrival instructions for you to follow.
- Park in the parking lot off of Woodland Avenue on the south side of the hospital.
- Enter the hospital through the Powell entrance (under the blue awning).
- Take the Powell elevators directly to the maternity center on Level 6.
- Another option is to use the hospital parking ramp located on the west side of the hospital. Park on the sixth floor and use the Powell Skywalk to reach the Powell elevators. Take the elevators down to Level 6.
The Powell entrance, as well as the Powell Skywalk entrance, is open to the public from 5:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. After 8 p.m., these doors are locked for patient security and safety. You are able to enter by using the communications system located at the Powell and Powell Skywalk entrances. Security will quickly identify you and allow access.
Online Tour and Photos
See photos of the Iowa Methodist Maternity Center.
Take our virtual tour!